Flexible Rope Manipulation Using Elastic Deformation Modeling by Dual Manipulator System with Vision Sensor
Takayuki Matsuno*, Toshio Fukuda*, Fumihito Arai*,
and Yasuhisa Hasegawa**
*Micro System Engineering, Nagoya University, 1, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan
**Department of Mechanical and Systems Engineering, Gifu University, 1-1, Yanagido, Gifu 501-1193, Japan
In this paper we propose a flexible object manipulation method by a dual manipulator system. A flexible object such a rope and paper is easily deformed and has hysteresis. Various approaches have been made on the research for the flexible object manipulation. However in the former research works, the manipulator system works only simple task. For more complex works with flexible object, the robot has to hand over the flexible object. So, we propose a flexible object recognition method which can hand over a flexible object using vision information and flexible object model. The dual manipulator system tied a cylinder object with flexible rope by repeating handing over actions in the experiment.
and Yasuhisa Hasegawa, “Flexible Rope Manipulation Using Elastic Deformation Modeling by Dual Manipulator System with Vision Sensor,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.16, No.1, pp. 31-38, 2004.
-  H. Nakagaki, K. Kitagaki, T. Ogasawara, H. Tsukune, “Estimation of a Force Acting on a Flexible Wire by Using Visual Tracking and Its Application to Insertion Task,” J. Robotics Society Japan (in Japanese), vol 15, no 3, pp.422-430, 1997.
-  Y. F. Zhang, M. Z. Chen, “Trajectory Planing for Two Manipulator to Deform Flexible Beams,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1019-1024, 1993.
-  K. Kosuge, H. Yoshida, T. Fukuda, “Manipulation of a Flexible Object by Dual Manipulators,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 318-323, 1995.
-  E. Ono, N. Kita, S. Sakane, “Unfolding a Folded Fabric Using Information of Outline with Vision and Touch Sensor,” J. Robotics Society Japan (in Japanese), vol 15, no 2, pp.275-283, 1997.
-  S. Hirai, H. Noguchi, “Human-demonstration Based Approach to the Object Motion Design and the Recognition of Process State Transitions in Insertion of Deformable Tubes,” J. Robotics Society Japan (in Japanese), vol 15, no 8, pp.1172-1179, 1997.
-  M. Inaba, H. Inoue, “Hand Eye Coordination in Rope Handling” J. Robotics Society Japan (in Japanese), vol 3, no 6, pp.538-547, 1985.
-  O. Itakura, “Manipulation of Paper Material –Ticket Handling in Station Business Machines–,” J. Robotics Society Japan (in Japanese), vol 16, no2, pp.154-158, 1998.
-  T. Fukuda, K. Kinosita, F. Arai , H. Matsuura, K. Kosuge, “Basic Study on Mechanism and Control of Seal-Peeling Robot” Transactions of the JSME, C (in Japanese), 57,554, pp.3882-3889, 1993.
-  K. Yano, S. Hirai, “Dynamic Modeling of Deformable” Proc. of the 15th Annual Conference of RSJ (in Japanese), pp.291-292, 1988.
Copyright© 2004 by Fuji Technology Press Ltd. and Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. All right reserved.