Study on High Resilient Structures for IoT Systems to Detect Accidents
Hideyuki Shintani†, Tomomi Aoyama, and Ichiro Koshijima
Nagoya Institute of Technology
Gokiso-cho, Show-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
In order to operate the Internet of Things (IoT) or Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) in the real world, the system needs to be structured to have people in the real world incorporated as a part of its process: Human-in-the-Loop CPS (HITLCPS). With people in the real world incorporated as a part of its process, the system must have a secure structure to be able to continue operating normally. With sensors, actuators and other devices connected in a network, it becomes vulnerable to cyberattacks; hence, its framework must be resilient and secure in order to ensure its safety in the face of any disturbances. In this paper, we describe a safety-based secure system structure, using a STAMP model and a covariance structure.
-  MCPC M2M/IoT Committee, Shuichi Inada, “M2M/IoT TEXTBOOK,” 2015 (in Japanese).
-  YosenshaMOOK, “Impact of Industry 4.0,” 2015.
-  K. Kumitani and K. Ono, “About utilization of IoT technology in disaster prevention field in coastal area,” The 71th Annual Scientific Lecture Meeting of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers, 2016, http://repository.kulib.kyotou.ac.jp/dspace/bitstream/2433/216543/1/JSCE.nenjikoenkai_71_197.pdf [accessed March 21, 2017]
-  D. S. Nunes, P. Zhang, and J. Sá Silva, “A Survey on Human-in-the-Loop Applications Towards an Internet of All,” IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol.17, No.2, Second quarter, 2015.
-  Information-technology Promotion Agency Japan, “First time STAMP / STPA,” Ver.1.0, 2016.
-  N. G. Leveson, “Engineering a Safer World Systems Thinking Applied to Safety,” The MIT Press, 2011.
-  P. M. Salmon, N. A. Stanton, M. Lenné, D. P. Jenkins, L. Rafferty, and G. H. Walker, “Human Factors Methods and Accident Analysis,” CRC Press, 2011.
-  S. Oshio, “The First Step to Structural Equation Modeling Starting with drawing path diagram,” ARTE.Co.,ltd., 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.