Proposal on Measure Against Cyberattack on the Basis of Recent Trend
Research and Development Institute, Chuo University
1-13-27 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8551, Japan
In this paper, we discuss the current situation and problems of cyberattacks from multiple viewpoints, and propose a guideline for future countermeasures. First, we provide an overview of some trends in cyberattacks using various survey data and reports. Next, we examine a new cyberattack countermeasure to control Internet use and propose a specific guideline. Specifically, we propose an Internet user qualification system as a policy to maintain cyber security and discuss ways to realize the system, the expected effects, and problems to be solved.
-  N. Sato, “Latest trends on cyber security,” J. of Safety Engineering, Vol.54, No.6, pp. 417-423, Dec. 2015 (in Japanese).
-  National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT), “NICTER monitoring report 2016,” Apr. 2017 (in Japanese).
-  NORSE IPViking Live, http://hp.ipviking.com/ [accessed July 22, 2017]
-  S. Fukasawa and N. Sato, “Correlation analysis of darknet traffic,”IPSJ technical reports, Vol. 2015-DPS-162(20), pp.1-7, Feb. 2015 (in Japanese).
-  K. Yoshioka, “Current status and countermeasures of IoT malware mass infection,” Nikkei Computer, Vol.2016-8-18, pp. 78-81, Aug. 2016 (in Japanese).
-  H. Ozawa and N. Sato, “A survey result of cyber attacks against mutifunctional copiers with EWS,” 2016 IEICE Society Conf. B-7-1, Sep. 2016 (in Japanese).
-  T. Jordan and P. Taylor “Hacktivism and Cyberwars: Rebels with a Cause?,” Routledge, July 2004.
-  Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA), “Survey on 2014 Information Security Event Damage – Report –,” Jan. 2015 (in Japanese).
-  K. Wilhoit, “Who’s really attacking your ICS equipment?,” Trendmicro incorporated research paper 2013, https://www.trendmicro.de/cloud-content/us/pdfs/security-intelligence/white-papers/wp-whos-really-attacking-your-ics-equipment.pdf [accessed July 22, 2017]
-  NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence, “Tallinn Manual,” https://ccdcoe.org/tallinn-manual.htm [accessed July 22, 2017]
-  Japan nation, “The Basic Act for Cyber Security,” http://law.e-gov.go.jp/htmldata/H26/H26HO104.html [in Japanese, accessed July 22, 2017]
-  Japan Computer Emergency Response Team/Coordination Center (JPCERT/CC), https://www.jpcert.or.jp/english/ [accessed July 22, 2017]
-  IPA, “Basic research on Training information security personnel,” https://www.ipa.go.jp/security/fy23/reports/jinzai/ [in Japanese, accessed July 22, 2017]
-  Institute of Information Security, “enPiT-Security(SecCap),” http://www.iisec.ac.jp/cooperation/4enpitsec.html [in Japanese, accessed July 22, 2017]
-  The Eucation Newspaper, “Improve consciousness by simulated attack experience in Cyber security class,” https://www.kyobun.co.jp /news/20161116_04/ [in Japanese, accessed Nov. 22, 2016]
-  LAC, “Guidance for targeted attack countermeasure (1st edition),” https://www.lac.co.jp/library/pdf/anti-apt_guidebook_ver1.pdf [in Japanese, accessed July 22, 2017]
-  N. Sato and Y. Okada, “Proposal of introducing Internet user qualification system based on information security level,” 2007 JSIS&JASI joint conference, II-3, Sep. 2007 (in Japanese).
-  Huawei Marine Networks, “Submarine Cable Map,” https://www.submarinecablemap.com/ [accessed July 22, 2017]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.