Development of a Bridge Inspection Support System Using Two-Wheeled Multicopter and 3D Modeling Technology
Yoshiro Hada*1,†, Manabu Nakao*1, Moyuru Yamada*1, Hiroki Kobayashi*1, Naoyuki Sawasaki*1, Katsunori Yokoji*1, Satoshi Kanai*2, Fumiki Tanaka*2, Hiroaki Date*2, Sarthak Pathak*3, Atsushi Yamashita*3, Manabu Yamada*4, and Toshiya Sugawara*5
*1Safety Solution Business Unit, Fujitsu Limited
10-1 Morinosato-Wakamiya, Atsugi, Kanagawa 243-0197, Japan
*2Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
*3The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
*4Nagoya Institute of Technology, Nagoya, Japan
*5Docon Co. Limited, Sapporo, Japan
-  Y. Fujino, “The Cross-ministerial Strategic Innovation Promotion Program, Infrastructure Maintenance, Renovation, and Management,” Cabinet office, Government of Japan, http://www8.cao.go.jp/cstp/panhu/sip_english/34-37.pdf [accessed May 8, 2017]
-  M. Nakao, Y. Hada et al., “Development of a bridge inspection support robot system that uses a two-wheeled quiad-rotor helicopter,” Proc. of The Fourteenth East Asia-Pacific Conf. on Structural Engineering and Construction (EASEC-14), S3.460, 2016.
-  N. Takahashi, M. Yamada et al., “All-round two-wheeled quadrotor helicopters with protect-frames for air-land-sea vehicle,” Advanced Robotics, Vol.29, No.1, pp. 69-87, 2015.
-  “The Aerial Robotic Infrastructure Analyst (ARIA) Project,” Carnegie Mellon University, http://aria.ri.cmu.edu/ [accessed May 8, 2017]
-  S. Pathak, A. Moro, A. Yamashita and H. Asama, “3D Reconstruction of Structures using Spherical Camera with Small Motion,” Proc. of 16th Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS 2016), 2016.
-  F. Tanaka, M. Hori, M. Onosato, H. Date, and S. Kanai, “Bridge Information Model Based on IFC Standards and Web Content Providing System for Supporting an Inspection Process,” Proc. of 16th Int. Conf. on Computing in Civil and Building Engineering (ICCCBE 2016), 2016.
-  H. Date, T. Yokoyama, S. Kanai, Y. Hada, M. Nakao, and T. Sugawara, “Automatic Registration of Laser-Scanned Point Clounds of Bridges Using Linear Features,” Proc. of the Asian Conf. on Design and Digital Engineering 2016 (ACDDE 2016), 2016.
-  “SeeBridge – Automated Compilation of Semantically Rich BIM Models of Bridges,” An Infractructure Innovation Programme, Infravation, http://www.infravation.net/projects/SEEBRIDGE [accessed May 8, 2017]
-  R. Sacks, A. Kedar et al., “SeeBridge Information Delivery Manual (IDM) for Next Generation Bridge Inspection,” Proc. of 33rd Int. Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Costruction (ISARC 2016), 2016.
-  S. Mizutani, Y. Okada, C. Salaan, T. Ishii, K. Ohno and S. Tadokoro, “Proposal and experimental validation of a design strategy for a UAV with a passive rotating spherical shell,” Proc. of 2015 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2015.
-  “Self-Propelling Surface-Clinging Drone PD6-CI-L,” Prodrone Co., Ltd., 2016, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjoPsWYtfxo&feature=youtu.be [accessed May 8, 2017]
-  A. Bulgakow and S. Emeliznov, “Inspection of Flyover Bridges Using Quadrotor,” Proc. of 32th Int. Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Costruction (ISARC 2015), 2015.
-  C. Yang, M. Wen, Y. Chen, and S. Kang, “An Optimized Unmanned Aerial System for Bridge Inspection,” Proc. of 32th Int. Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Costruction (ISARC 2015), 2015.
-  M. Gillins, D. Gillins, and C. Parrish, “Cost-Effective Bridge Safety Inspection using Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAV),” Proc. of Geotechnical and Structural Engineering Congress 2016, 2016.
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan, “The standard manual of unmanned aerial vehicle flight” (in Japanese), Aug. 2016, https://www.mlit.go.jp/common/001140548.pdf [accessed May 8, 2017]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.