Influence of Corrosion Distribution on Estimation of Flexural Loading Capacity of Corroded RC Beams
Takashi Yamamoto*,†, Satoshi Takaya*, and Toyo Miyagawa**
*Department of Civil and Earth Resources Engineering, Kyoto University
Katsura Campus C1, Nishikyo, Kyoto 615-8540, Japan
**Infra-System Management Research Unit, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
-  ISO 16311-2, “Maintenance and repair of concrete structures – Part 2: Assessment of existing concrete structures,” 2014.
-  K. Okada, K. Kobayashi, and T. Miyagawa, “Influence of longitudinal cracking due to reinforcement corrosion on characteristics of reinforced concrete members,” A J. of the American Concrete Institute, ACI Structural Journal, Vol.85, No.2, pp. 134-140, 1988.
-  A. Castel, R. François, and G. Arliguie, “Mechanical behavior of corroded reinforced concrete beams – Part 1: Experimanetal study of corroded beams,” Materials and Structures, Vol.33, pp. 539-544, 2000.
-  T. Yamamoto, M. Oyado, Y. Mikata, K. Kobayashi, and T. Shimomura, “Systematic laboratory test on structural performance of corroded reinforced concrete and its utilization in practice,” Proc. of the Joint fib-RILEM Workshop on Modelling of Corroding Concrete Structures, pp. 113-124, Madrid, Spain, November, 2010.
-  W. Zhang, B. Zhou, X. Gu, and H. Dai, “Probability distribution model for cross-sectional area of corroded reinforcing steel bars,” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE, Vol.26, No.5, pp. 822-832, 2014.
-  D. L. Allaix, V. I. Carbone, and G. Mancini, “Modelling uncertainties for the load bearing capacity of corroded simply supported RC beams,” Structural Concrete, No.3, pp. 333-341, 2015.
-  M. Sykora, M. Holicky, M. Prieto, and P. Tanner, “Uncertainties in resistance models for sound and corrosion-damaged RC structures according to EN 1992-1-1, Material and Structures, Vol.48, pp. 3415-3430, 2015.
-  M. Akiyama, D. M. Frangopol, I. Yoshida, H. Tsuruta, and T. Shimomura, “Probabilistic approach to service life prediction of concrete structures subjected to load and environmental actions,” Proc. of the Joint fib-RILEM Workshop on Modelling of Corroding Concrete Structures, pp. 273-281, Madrid, Spain, November, 2010.
-  M. G. Stewart, “Reliability safety assessment of corroding reinforced concrete structures based on visual inspection information,” A Journal of the American Concrete Institute, ACI Structural Journal, Vol.107, No.6, pp. 671-679, 2010.
-  H. Wackernagel, “Multivariate Geostatistics – An Introduction with Applications –,” Springer, pp. 83-92, 1998.
-  R. Zhang, A. Castel, and R. François, “Serviceability limit state criteria based on steel-concrete bond loss for corroded reinforced concrete in chloride environment,” Material and Structures, RILEM, Vol.42, pp. 1407-1421, 2009.
-  Weiping Zhang, Xiaobin Song, Xianglin Gu, and Shibin Li, “Tensile and fatigue behavior of corroded rebars,” Construction and Building Materials, Vol.34, pp. 409-417, 2012.
-  N. Cressie, “Fitting variogram models by weighted least squares,” J. of the Int. Association for Mathematical Geology, Vol.17, No.5, pp. 563-586, 1985.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.