A Philosophical Inquiry into the Confusion over the Radiation Exposure Problem
The University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
-  R. Hayano, M. Tsubokura, M. Miyazaki, H. Satou, K. Satou, S. Masaki, and Y. Sakuma, “Internal radiocesium contamination of adults and children in Fukushima 7 to 20 months after the Fukushima NPP accident as measured by extensive whole-body-counter surveys,” Proceedings of the Japan Academy Series B, Physical and Biological Sciences, Vol.89, pp. 157-163, 2013.
-  T. Hoeve and M. Z. Jacobson, “Worldwide health effects of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident,” Energy & Environmental Science, DOI: 10.1039/c2ee22019a, 2012.
-  M. Ichinose, “A philosophy confronting the problem of radiation exposure,” Chikuma Publishing Company, 2013 (in Japanese).
-  M. Ichinose, “Life is valuable, and life is mortal: Philosophical reconsideration on self-deception lurking within the debate concerning radiation exposure in the case of Fukushima,” Philosophical Studies, Vol.33, pp. 1-48, The department of Philosophy, The University of Tokyo, 2015a (in Japanese).
-  M. Ichinose, “A Philosophical fragment on “Life is mortal”: Difference and Continuity between Humans and Animals,” ‘Inochi (Life)’ Reconsidered, The Society of Philosophy, Japan, pp. 46-74, 2015b (in Japanese).
-  M. Ichinose, K. Ito, K. Kageura, T. Kodama, S. Shimazono, and K. Nakagawa, “Morals on low dose radiation exposure,” Kawade Shobo New Publishing Company, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  K. Kodama, S. Shimizu, and K. Noguchi, “Science and social study of radiation exposure,” Kamogawa publishing company, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  S. Shiozawa, “Radiation contamination in rice fields and its transmission to rices,” The Journal of the Japanese Society of Irrigation, Drainage, and Rural Engineering, Vol.89, No.7, pp. 15-18, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  N. Shimegi, “Present Status of the Precautionary Principle on Risk Management,” Bulletin of Seigakukan University, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 91-107, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  S. Nomura, S. Gilmour, M. Tsubokura, D. Yoneoka, A. Sugimoto, T. Oikawa, M. Kami, and K. Shibuya, “Mortality Risk amongst Nursing Home Residents Evacuated after the Fukushima Nuclear Accident: A Retrospective Cohort Study,” PLOS ONE on line, March 27, 2013.
-  C. R. Sunstein, “Worst-Case Scenarios,” Harvard University Press, 2007.
-  H. Tasaki, “Elementary knowledge to live confronting troublesome radiation,” Asahi Publishing Company, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  M. Doi, R. Kanda, H. Yonehara, S. Yoshinaga, and Y. Shimada, “Low dose radiation and health effects,” National Institute of Radiological Sciences, 2007 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.