Seismic Responses of Zoned Earth-Fill Dam by Instrumentation and Finite Element Simulation
Sirikanya Laosuwan† and Tawatchai Tanchaisawat
Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Chiang Mai University
239 Huay Kaew Road, Muang Distric, Chiang Mai, Thailand
-  S. Soralump, C. Thongthamchart, and V. Chaisakaew, “30 Years Instrumentation Behavior of Srinagarind Dam and Analysis of Warning Criteria,” 2nd International Conference Long Term Behaviour of Dams (LTBD09), October 12-13, 2009, Graz, Austria, pp. 899-904, 2009.
-  S. Soralump and K. Tansupo, “Safety analyses of Srinagarind dam induced by earthquakes using dynamic response analysis method.” Int. Conf. on Performance-Based Design in Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering (IS-Tokyo 2009), Taylor & Francis, London, June 15-18, 2009.
-  B. Sinsuksate, “Effects of seismic force on behavior of Mae Thalop Luang Dam,” Master degree. Chiang Mai University, 2010.
-  B. Charatpangoon, “Seismic Safety Evaluation of Earth Dams in Northern Thailand,” Asian Institute of Technology School of Engineering and Technology, 2010.
-  B. Charatpangoon, J. Kiyono, A. Furukawa, and C. Hansapinyo, “Dynamic Analysis of Earth Dam Damaged by the 2011 Off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, pp. 50-62, 2013.
-  E. Cascone and S. Rampello, “Decoupled Seismic Analysis of an Earth Dam,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol.23, pp. 349-365, 2003.
-  Regional Irrigation Office 1, “Equipment and monitoring system the behavior of the dam,” Royal Irrigation Department, 2013.
-  V. Vikromprasit, “The behavior of Mae Gnad earthfill dam during construction,” Kasetsart University, 1987.
-  R. Z. Moayed, M. R. Formashee, and M. Kamalzare, “Impact of Elasticity, Core Zone and Accelerogram on Embankment Dam under Earthquake Load,” EJGE.14, 2009.
-  P. K. Woodward and D. V. Griffiths, “Influence of Viscous Damping in the Dynamic Analysis of an Earth dam using simple Constitutive Models,” Computers and Geotechnics, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 245-263, 1995.
-  N. Uddin, “A dynamic analysis procedure for concrete-faced rockfill dams subjected to strong seismic excitation,” Computers and Structures, Vol.72, pp. 409-421, 1999.
-  S. Sica, L. Pagano, and A. Modaressi, “Influence of past loading history on the seismic response of earth dams,” Computers and Geotechnics, Vol.35, pp. 61-85, 2008.
-  T. Iwasaki, “Response Analysis of Civil Engineering Structures Subjected to Earthquake Motions,” J. of Disaster Research, Vol.1, No.2, pp. 274-295, 2006.
-  PLAXIS 2D version 8.2, Version 8.0 Plaxis BV, Delft.
-  R. B. J. Brinkgreve and P. A. Vermeer, “Finite element code for soil and rock Analysis,” PLAXIS 8.0 manual, Balkema, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 1998.
-  Earthquake Operating Center, available at: http://www.seismology.tmd.go.th [accessed May 2014]
-  P. K. Basudhar, N. S. V. Kameswara Rao, M. Bhookya, and Arindam Dey, “2D FEM Analysis of Earth and Rockfill Dams under Seismic Condition,” Fifth International Conf. on Recent Advances in Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering and Soil Dynamics and Symposium in Honor of Professor I. M. Idriss, 2010.
-  Seismo Match Version 2.1.0, Seismosoft srl. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
-  M. Watabe, “Aseismic Structureal Systems for Buildings,” J. of Disaster Research, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 358-377, 2006.
-  Z. Feng, P. H. Tsai, and J. N. Li, “Numerical earthquake response analysis of the Liyutan earth dam in Taiwan,” Nat. Hazards Earth Syst. Sci., Vol.10, pp. 1269-1280, doi:10.5194 /nhess-10-1269-2010, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.