International Efforts Toward Robustness of Flood Management
Division for Sustainable Development, Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DSD/DESA), The United Nations
New York, NY, USA
-  APFM (Associate Programme on Flood Management), “Integrated Flood Management – Concept Paper,” World Meteorological Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, p. 27, 2004.
-  UN, Report of the United Nations Water Conference, Mar del Plata, 14-25 March 1977, United Nations publication, No. E.77.II.A.12, 1997.
-  Dublin Statement, “Official outcome of the International Conference on Water and the Environment: Development Issues for the 21st century,” Dublin, pp. 26-31, 1992.
-  UN, “Agenda 21: Programme of Action for Sustainable Development,” Official outcome of the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), Rio de Janeiro, pp. 3-14, 1992.
-  UN, “Report of the Commission on Sustainable Development on its Sixth Session,” New York, E/CN.17/1998/20, 1998.
-  “Ministerial Declaration of the Hague on Water Security in the 21st Century,” Official outcome of the Second World Water Forum, 3-7 December 2001, The Hague, 2000.
-  Federal Ministry of the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, and Federal Ministry for Economic Co-operation and Development, “Ministerial Declaration, Bonn Keys, and Bonn Recommendations for Action,” International Freshwater Conference, 3-7 December 2001, Bonn, 2001.
-  UN, “United Nations Millennium Declaration,” Resolution A/RES/55/2 of the United Nations General Assembly at its 55th Session, New York, USA, 2000.
-  United Nations, “Transforming our world: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development,” the United Nations General Assembly Seventieth session Agenda items 15 and 116, A/70/L.1., 18 September 2015, New York, USA, 2015.
-  Toshio Koike et al., “Risk Reduction from Scientific Evidence based, Special Edition for World Trend on Disaster Risk Reduction,” River, Tokyo, Japan, May 2015, pp. 3-55, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  UNISDR, “Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-2015: building the Resilience of nations and Communities to Disasters (HFA),” endorsed by the United Nations General Assembly in the Resolution A/RES/60/195, 2005, available at https://www.unisdr.org/we/coordinate/hfa [accessed May 31, 2016]
-  UNISDR, “Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2010,” adopted at the Third UN World Conference in Sendai, Japan, on March 18, 2015, available at http://www.wcdrr.org/preparatory/post2015 [accessed September 3, 2015]
-  United Nations, “Adoption of the Paris Agreement, the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Conference of the Parties,” Twenty-first session, Paris, 30 November to 11 December 2015, Agenda items 4(b), FCCC/CP/2015/L.9/Rev.1, Paris, France, December 12, 2015.
-  Science Council of Japan, “Strengthening Disaster Resilience is Essential to Sustainable Development,” G-Science Academies’ Joint Statements to Prime Minister Mr. Abe, 19 April 2016, available at http://www.scj.go.jp/en/int/g-science.html [accessed May 31, 2016]
-  WMO, “Social Aspects and Stakeholder Involvement in Integrated Flood Management,” Flood Management Policy Series, Associated Programme on Flood Management, APFM Technical Document No.4, World Meteorological Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, pp. 8-10, 2006.
-  WMO, “Risk Sharing in Flood Management, Flood Management Tools Series,” World Meteorological Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2009.
-  K. Miller and D. Yates, “Climate Change and Water Resources: A Primer for Municipal Water Providers, Denver, CO: AwwaRF and UCAR,” p. 83, 2006.
-  K. Wada, M. Murase, and Y. Tomizawa, “A Trial for the hazard Risk Assessment of Global Warming by regional Climate Change Model,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol.48, 2004 February, 457-462, 2004 (in Japanese with English Abstract), http://library.jsce.or.jp/jsce/open/00028/2004/48-0457.pdf [accessed May 31, 2016]
-  K. Wada, M. Murase, and Y. Tomizawa, “Study on the Flood and Drought Risk Assessment of Global Warming by Regional Climate Model,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol.49, pp. 493-498, 2005 (in Japanese with English Abstract), http://library.jsce.or.jp/jsce/open/00028/2005/49-0493.pdf [accessed May 31, 2016]
-  M. Murase, “A Case Study of Water Management in the Greater Tokyo Region,” International Symposium on Disaster Mitigation and Basin-wide Water Management (ISDB/IAHR), December 7-10, 2003, Niigata, Japan, pp. 766-773, 2003.
-  M. Murase, A. Nakamura, and H. Kawasaki, “A Trial of Establishing Indicators for Evaluation of Hydrological Cycle Focusing Flood Mitigation by Dams,” Advances in River Engineering, JSCE, Vol.10, pp. 513-518, 2004 (in Japanese with English Abstract).
-  University of Tokyo, ICHARM, Asia Water Cycle Symposium (AWCS2016) 1-2 March 2016, Tokyo, Japan, available at http://wci.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/events/awcs2016/ [accessed May 31, 2016]
-  M. Murase, A. Nakamura, J. Inomata, and H. Kawasaki, “Systematic Review of Water Management during Drought in Japan,” Second International Conference on Hydrology and Water Resources in Asia Pacific Region (APHW2004), pp. 881-889, 2004.
-  M. Murase, A. Nakamura, and H. Kawasaki, H. “An Analysis for Demand Structure and Price of Domestic Water Supply,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol.49, pp. 475-480, 2005.
-  M. Murase, “Risk sharing in practice for Integrated Flood Management,” Floods-from risk to opportunity, IAHS Publ, 357, pp. 117-126, 2013.
-  UNESCO-IHP, IFI Strategy 2016-2022, the 22nd Session of UNESCO-IHP Intergovernmental Council, IHP/IC-XXII/Ref.5, Paris, France, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.