Earthquake Disaster Simulation System: Integration of Models for Building Collapse, Road Blockage, and Fire Spread
Noriaki Hirokawa and Toshihiro Osaragi
Tokyo Institute of Technology
2-12-1-W8-10, Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
Various property-damage estimation models have been created on the basis of damage observation data obtained in the aftermath of large earthquakes. In this paper, these independent models are integrated to establish a city-damage simulation model. In addition, two new fire-spread indices are proposed from the viewpoint of firefighting and refuge.
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Estimation of earthquake damage in Tokyo,” 2012 (in Japanese), http://www.bousai.metro.tokyo .jp/taisaku/1000902/1000401.html [accessed Jan. 28, 2015]
-  K. Wakamatsu and M. Matsuoka, “Construction of the 7.5-arc-second Japan Engineering Geomorphologic Classification Map,” Summaries of technical papers of Annual Meeting Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, pp. 222-223, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  K. Fujimoto and S. Midorikawa, “Average Shear-Wave Velocity Mapping throughout Japan Using the Digital National Land Information,” Journal of Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, Vol.3, pp. 13-27, 2003 (in Japanese).
-  M. Matsuoka and K. Wakamatsu, “Average Shear-wave Velocity (Vs30) Map Based on the 7.5-arc-second Japan Engineering Geomorphologic Classification Map,” National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, H20PRO-936, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  M. Matsuoka and S. Midorikawa, “The Degital National Land Information and Seismic Micro Zoning,” The 22nd Symposium of Earthquake Ground Motion, Arichitetural Institute of Japan, pp. 23-24, 1994 (in Japanese).
-  H. Si and S. Midorikawa, “New Attenuation Relationships for Peak Ground Acceleration and Velocity Considering Effects of Fault Type and Site Condition,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, pp. 63-70, 1990 (in Japanese).
-  S. Midorikawa, M. Matsuoka, and K. Sakugawa, “Site effects on strong motion records observerd during the 1987 Chiba-Ken-Toho-Oki,” Proc. of 9th Japan Earthquake Engineering Symposium, 1994.
-  T. Kanno, A. Narita, N. Morikawa, H. Fujiwara, and Y. Fukushima, “A New Attenuation Relation for Strong Ground Motion in Japan Based on Recorded Data,” Bulletin of Seismological Society of America, Vol.96, pp. 879-897, 2006.
-  K. Tokimatsu, T. Sekiguchi, and H. Arai, “Effects of Nonlinear Site Amplification Characteristics on Damage to Wooden Houses in Ojiya During the 2004 Mid Niigata Prefecture Earthquake,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, No.620, pp. 35-42, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  O. Murao and H. Yamazaki, “Development of Fragility Curves for Buildings Based on Damage Survey Data of a Local Government After the 1995 Hyogoken-nanbu Earthquake,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, No.527, pp. 189-196, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  O. Murao and H. Yamazaki, “Comparison of Building Damage Evaluation by Local Governments after the 1995 Hyogoken-Nanbu Earthquake,” Journal of Architecture and Planning, No.515, pp. 187-194, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “The Seventh Community Earthquake Risk Assessment Study,” 2013 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Hayashi, Y. Suzuki, J. Miyakoshi, and M. Watanabe, “Seismic Risk Evaluation of Existing RC Buildings Based on Seismic Performance Indices,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.2, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Hayashi, “Evaluation of Seismic Design Load based on Equivalent-Performance Response Spectra,” Proc. of 11th Japan Earthquake Engineering Symposium, pp. 651-656, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  H. Ieda, T. Mochizuki, and S. Kaminishi, “Assessment of Vulnerability of Urban Areas to Street-Blockades Caused by Quake-Collapsed Buildings,” Int. Association of Traffic and Safety Sciences review, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 138-145, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  T. kato and T. Kugai, “The Structure of Disaster Mitigation Performance of Road Network from the Viewpoint of Road Blockade: The basic study on the evaluation of disaster mitigation performance of the local area road network based on percolation theory,” Journal of Architecture and Planning, No.615, pp. 113-120, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  F. Ichikawa, T. Sakata, and T. Yoshikawa, “An analysis of location of space for disaster refuge considering danger of street-blockades caused by falls of buildings on evacuation routes,” Summaries of Technical papers of Annual Meeting Architectural Institute of Japan, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, “Developments of Technology and Evaluation index of Disaster Mitigation for planning Local Areas,” 2003 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Fire Department, “Provision and Elucidation of New Factor of Fire and Fire Spread Behavior Considering Inland Earthquakes,” Report of Fire Prevention Council, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Fire Department, “Provision and Elucidation of Risk Factor after Large Earthquake in Civilization,” Report of Fire Prevention Council, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  T. Kato, C. Hong, Y. Yusfu, M. Yamaguchi, and A. Natori, “A Method for The Integrated Earthquake Fire Risk Evaluation Based on The Single Building Fire Probability Applying to any Different Map-Scale,” Journal of Social Safety Science, No.8, pp. 279-288, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Fire Department, “Development and Application of Evaluation Method for Preventing Ability of Earthquake Fire,” Report of Fire Prevention Council, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  N. Hirokawa and T. Osaragi, “Application of Fire-Spread Potential for a Large Earthquake,” Summaries of Technical papers of Annual Meeting Architectural Institute of Japan, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hashimoto, H. Ryouke, T.Yamashita, and S.Nagano, “Survey research for mapping city fire spread risk caused by large earthquake (Part 3) A proposal for mapping fire spread risk,” Summaries of Technical papers of Annual Meeting Architectural Institute of Japan, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  Tokyo Fire Department, “Provision for Human Damages Caused by the Earthquake Fire,” Report of Fire Prevention Council, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  T. Osaragi, N. Hirokawa, and T. Oki, “Information Collection of Street Blockage after a Large Earthquake for Reducing Access Time of Fire Fighters,” Journal of Architecture and Planning, Vol.80, pp. 465-473, 2015 (in Japanese).
-  T. Oki and T. Osaragi, “Modeling Human Behavior of Local Residents in the Aftermath of Large Earthquake – Wide-area Evacuation, Rescue and Firefighting in Densely Built-up Wooden Residential Areas,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.11, No.2, pp. 188-197, 2016.
-  I. Niwa, T. Osaragi, T. Oki, and N. Hirokawa, “Development of Real Time Synchronous Web Application for Posting and Utilizing Disaster Information,” ISCRAM 2015 Conf. 2015.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.