Proposal for Robust Monitoring of Catastrophic Tsunami Using Onshore Strain and Tilt Geodetic Sensors
Institute of Seismology and Volcanology, Faculty of Science, Hokkaido University
N10 W8, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0810, Japan
-  T. Ozaki, “Outline of the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake (Mw 9.0),” Earth Planets Space, Vol.63, pp. 827-830, 2011.
-  N. Mori, T. Takahashi, T. Yasuda, and H. Yanagisawa, “Survey of 2011 Tohoku earthquake tsunami inundation and run-up,” Geophys. Res. Lett., 10.1029/2011GL049210.
-  H. Gokon and S. Koshimura, “Mapping of building damage of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake tsunami in Miyagi prefecture,” Coast. Eng. J., Vol.54, 1250006, 2012.
-  A. Suppasri, S. Koshimura, K. Imai, E. Mas, H. Gokon, A. Muhari, and F. Imamura, “Damage characteristic and field survey of the 2011 Great East Japan tsunami in Miyagi prefecture,” Coast. Eng. J., Vol.54, 1250005, 2012.
-  http://www.jma.go.jp/jma/kishou/books/saigaiji/saigaijitextunderscore 201101/ saigaijitextunderscore 201101.html [accessed July 22, 2015]
-  H. Tsushima, K. Hirata, Y. Hayashi, Y. Tanioka, K. Kimura, S. Sakai, M. Shinohara, T. Kanazawa, R. Hino, and K. Maeda, “Near-field tsunami forecasting using offshore tsunami data from the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake,” Earth Planets Space, Vol.63, pp. 821-826, 2011.
-  H. Tsushima and Y. Ohta, “Review on Near-Field Tsunami Forecasting from Offshore Tsunami Data and Onshore GNSS Data for Tsunami Early Warning,” J. Disaster Res., Vol.9, pp. 339-357, 2014.
-  T. Kimura, S. Tanaka, and T. Saito, “Ground tilt changes in Japan caused by the 2010 Maule, Chile, earthquake tsunami,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.118, pp. 406-415, 2013.
-  Boudin, S. F. Allgeyer, P. Bernard, H. Hébert, M. Olcay, R. Madariaga, M. El-Madani, J. P. Vilotte, S. Peyrat, A. Nercessian, B. Schurr, M. F. Esnoult, G. Asch, I. Nunez, and M. Kammenthaler, “Analysis and modelling of tsunami-induced tilt for the 2007, M=7.6, Tocopilla and the 2010, M=8.8 Maule earthquakes, Chile, from long-base tiltmeter and broadband seismometer records,” Geophys. J. Int., Vol.194, pp. 269-288, 2013.
-  Y. Mitsui and K. Heki, “Scaling of early afterslip velocity and possible detection of tsunami-induced subsidence by GPS measurements immediately after the 2011 Tohoku-Oki earthquake,” Geophys. J. Int., Vol.195, pp. 238-248, 2013.
-  K. Nawa, N. Suda, K. Satake, Y. Fujii, T. Sato, K. Doi, M. Kanao, and K. Shibuya, “Loading and Gravitational Effects of the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami at Syowa Station,” Antarctica, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.97, pp. 271-278, 2007.
-  I. Ozawa, “On the observations of crustal strains due to Chile tide wave,” Disaster Prevention Res. Inst. Annu., Vol.4, pp. 36-44, 1961.
-  Y. Tanaka and T. Tanaka, “On the ground tilt and strain caused by the Chile tsunami,” Disaster Prevention Res. Inst. Annu., Vol.4, pp. 45-60, 1961.
-  T. Yamaguchi, M. Kasahara, H. Takahashi, M. Okayama, M. Takada, and M. Ichiyanagi, “Development of crustal deformation database system,” J. Geodetic Soc. Japan, Vol.56, pp. 47-57, 2010.
-  W. E. Farrell, “Deformation of the earth by surface loads,” Rev. Geophys., Vol.10, pp. 761-797, 1972.
-  S. D. Pagiatakis, “The response of a realistic earth to ocean tide loading,” Geophys. J. Int., Vol.103, pp. 541-560, 1990.
-  M. Sato, T. Ishikawa, N. Ujihara, S. Yoshida, M. Fujita, M. Mochizuki, and A. Asada, “Displacement Above the Hypocenter of the 2011 Tohoku-Oki Earthquake,” Science, Vol.332, p. 6036, 2011.
-  T. Iinuma, R. Hino, M. Kido, D. Inazu, Y. Osada, Y. Ito, M. Ohzono, H. Tsushima, S. Suzuki, H. Fujimoto, and S. Miura, “Coseismic slip distribution of the 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku earthquake (M9.0) refined by means of seafloor geodetic data,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.117, doi:10.1029/2012JB009186, 2012.
-  Y. Tamura, T. Sato, M. Ooe, and M. Ishiguro, “A procedure for tidal analysis with a Bayesian information criterion,” Geophys. J. Int., Vol.104, pp. 507-516, 1991.
-  The 2011 Tohoku Earthquake Tsunami Joint Survey (TTJS) Group, 2015, http://www.coastal.jp/tsunami2011/ [accessed July 22, 2015]
-  Hokkaido local government, “Tsunami inundation map along Pacific coast of Hokkaido, Japan,” 2012, http://www.pref.hokkaido. lg.jp/sm/ktk/bsb/tunami/index.htm [accessed March 31, 2015]
-  H. Takahashi et al., “Crustal deformation data is available via WWW server in real-time,” Abstract of Japan Geoscience Union Meeting, STT59-P04, 2012.
-  http://www.bosai.go.jp/inline/ [accessed July 22, 2015]
-  http://www.jamstec.go.jp/donet/e/ [accessed July 22, 2015]
-  Cabinet office of government of Japan, “Damage estimation due to Nankai trough great earthquake,” 2014, http://www.bousai.go.jp/ jishin/nankai/nankaitroughtextunderscore info.html [accessed March 31, 2015]
-  P. Wessel, W. H. F. Smith, R. Scharroo, J. F. Luis, and F. Wobbe, “Generic Mapping Tools: Improved version released,” EOS Trans. AGU, Vol.94, pp. 409-410, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.