Understanding Household Mobilization Time During Natech Accident Evacuation
Junlei Yu* and Akihiko Hokugo**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Department of Architecture, Kobe University
**Research Center for Urban Safety and Security, Kobe University
1-1 Rokkodai, Nada, Kobe 657-8501, Japan
-  P. S. Showalter and M. F. Myers, “Natural disasters as the cause of technological emergencies: a review of the decade 1980-1989,” Natural Hazards Research and Application Information Center, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1992.
-  J. H. Sorensen, “When shall we leave? Factors affecting the timing of evacuation departures,” Int. Journal of Mass Emergencies and Disasters, Vol.9, pp. 153-165, 1991.
-  A. M. Sadri, S. V. Ukkusuri, and P. Murray-Tuite, “A random parameter ordered probit model to understand the mobilization time during hurricane evacuation,” Transportation Research Part C, Vol.32, pp. 21-30, 2013.
-  V. V. Dixit, C. Wilmot, and B. Wolshon, “Modeling risk attitudes in evacuation departure choices,” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No.2312, pp. 159-163, 2012.
-  M. K. Lindell, J. C. Lu, and C. S. Prater, “Household decision making and evacuation in response to hurricane Lili,” Natural Hazards Review, Vol.6, No.4, pp. 171-179, 2005.
-  S. K. Huang, M. K. Lindell, C. S. Prater, and L. K. Siebeneck, “Household evacuation decision making in response to hurricane Ike,” Natural Hazards Review, Vol.13, No.4, pp. 283-296, 2012.
-  A .Hasan, R. Mesa-Arango, and S. Ukkusuri, “A random-parameter hazard-based model to understand household evacuation timing behavior,” Transportation Research Part C, Vol.27, pp. 108-116, 2013.
-  M. K. Lindell, J. E. Kang, C. S. Prater, “The logistics of household hurricane evacuations,” Nat Hazards, Vol.58, pp. 1093-1109, 2011.
-  H. C. Wu, M. K. Lindell, and C. S. Prater, “Logistics of hurricane evacuation in Hurricane Katrina and Rita,” Transportation Research Part F, Vol.15, pp. 445-461, 2012.
-  K. Yamagochi, “Fire-fighting activities of Sendai JX refinery in Tohoku Earthquake,” Safety & Tomorrow, No.144, 2012.
-  http://www.city.tagajo.miyagi.jp/saigai/book/textunderscore SWFtextunderscore Window.html? pagecode=55 [accessed Aug. 16, 2014]
-  https://www.shichigahama.com/benricho/joho/documents/d89-010textunderscore 2.pdf [accessed Aug. 20, 2014]
-  http://www.fdma.go.jp/disaster/syodokatudotextunderscore arikatatextunderscore kento/sankou/ sendai.pdf [accessed Aug. 16, 2014]
-  H. Nishi, “Damage of Hazmat Facilities due to Fires and Tsunami,” Proc. of the Int. Symposium on Engineering Lessons Learnt from the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake, 2012.
-  N. Dash and H. Gladwin, “Evacuation decision making and behavioral responses: Individual and household,” Natural Hazards Review, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 69-77, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.