Grasp of Utilization of Social Networking Services in Restoration Process – Interview Survey for N City-Related Citizens of the Great East Japan Earthquake –
Shosuke Sato*, Hiroko Koumoto**, and Shigeo Tatsuki***
*International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University
468-1 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba, Sendai 980-0845, Japan
**Graduate School of Environment and Disaster Research, Tokoha University
325 Obuchi, Fuji, Shizuoka 417-0801, Japan
***Department of Sociology, Doshisha University
Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto 602-8580, Japan
-  T. Sakaki, A. Marui, Y. Matsuo, F. Toriumi, T. Shinoda, K. Kazama, S. Kurihara, and I. Noda, “Change of social media in times of mega-disasters,” Proceedings of 18th annual conference of the Association for Natural Language Processing, pp. 1228-1231, March, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  T. Ishikawa, A. Kawasaki, and K. Meguro, “Investigation of information sharing by Twitter users during the 2011 heavy snow disaster in San-in region of western Japan,” Journal of Institute of Social Safety Science, No.17, pp. 135-143, July, 2012.
-  Y. Horikawa, “The role of information capture of social media at the Great East Japan Earthquake disaster,” Information and Communications Policy Review, No.5, pp. 1-25, September, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hiratsuka, “New edition: Disaster information and media,” Liberta Publication, 272pp., Feb., 2012 (in Japanese).
-  B. R. Lindsay, “Social Media and Disasters: Current Uses, Future Options, and Policy Considerations,” Congressional Research Service, 10pp., Sep., 2011.
-  K. Endo, “How media reported the Great East Japan Earthquake disaster and the Fukushima NPP accident – Verifying news, the Internet, and documentary,” Tokyo Denki University Publication, 240pp., Mar., 2012 (in Japanese).
-  T. Saijo, “Big supporting project constructed in the Internet – Great disaster and nuclear damage in IT era,” Computer Technology Editorial Office (Ed.), Impress Japan, pp. 106-126, Dec. 2011 (in Japanese).
-  T. Goto, “The Great East Japan Earthquake disaster and social media: survey review ,” Journal of Home Economics of Japan, No.48, pp. 18-32, July, 2012 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Hashimoto and A. Ohama, “Role of social media in disaster response – Example of the Great East Japan Earthquake disaster –,” the Bulletin of National Institute for Defense Studies, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 95-121, Feb., 2014 (in Japanese).
-  GaiaX Social Media Lab., “List of social media” (in Japanese), http://gaiax-socialmedialab.jp/socialmedia/294 [as of December 2014]
-  Cabinet Office, Japan, “Hostile environment in the Internet,” 2010 White Paper on children and young people (in Japanese), http://www8.cao.go.jp/youth/whitepaper/h22honpenhtml/html/ honpen/b1textunderscore sho3textunderscore 3.html [accessed September 16, 2015]
-  Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, Japan, “Examples for improvement of internet literacy/manner,” http://www. soumu.go.jp/maintextunderscore content/000323296.pdf [accessed September 16, 2015]
-  S. Tanaka, K. Shigekawa, S. Sato, T. Karatani, and H. Koumoto, “Recovery process of sufferers living at rentaled temporary housing in Natori City,” Institute of Social Safety Science the Great East Japan Earthquake disaster workshop in Ofunato, pp. 17-18, Sep., 2013 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.