Reconstruction of Coastal Villages Swept Away by Tsunami by 3D Digital Model
Akinobu Murakami*, Eiko Kumakura**, and Mikiko Ishikawa***
*Faculty of Engineering, Information and Systems, University of Tsukuba
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
**Graduate School of Urban Environmental Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University
1-1 Minami-ohsawa, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0397, Japan
***Faculty of Science and Engineering, Chuo University
1-13-27 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8551, Japan
-  L.-C. Chen and Y.-W. Wang, “Building Community Capacity for Disaster Resilience in Taiwan,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 138-146, 2010.
-  K. Yano, Y. Isoda, T. Nakaya, et al., “Creating Virtual Time-Space of Kyoto,” E-journal GEO, Vol. 1, pp. 12-21, 2006.
-  Ritsumeikan University: Virtual Kyoto, http://www.geo.lt.ritsumei. ac.jp/webgis/ritscoe.html [accessed September 20, 2014]
-  H. Watanabe, “Pluralistic Digital Archives and Communities of Memories,” City planning review, Vol.62, No.6, pp. 58-63, 2013.
-  O. Tanahashi, K. Yamada, and A. Nakamura, “Study on Restoration and Sharing Method on Town Space in Devastated Area -The workshop with 1/500 restoration model of Machikata area in Otsuchi town, Iwate prefecture,” Journal of Architecture and Planning, Vol.79, No.699, pp. 1129-1137, 2014.
-  T. Arima, T. Yurino, K. Hidaka, “Utilization and Evaluation of Virtual Realty in Urban Design Workshops – Workshop support system for space grasping and image share (No.2),” Journal of Architecture and Planning, 617, pp. 79-85, 2007.
-  M. Koga, S. Ikaruga, K. Tadamura, A. Ohgai, and M. Matsuo, “Study on Image Sharing Support Method in Landscape Planning Using Information Technology,” Journal of Architecture and Planning, Vol.73, No.633, pp. 2409-2416, 2008.
-  N. Sato, M. Kaijima, and T. Hashimoto, “The Effect on the Spatial Composition of a Fishing Village through Changes in Land Use and Counter-measures in Response to the Impact of Tsunamis,” Journal of Architecture and Planning, Vol.79, No.699, pp. 1119-1127, 2014.
-  The Research Institute of Science and Technology for Society (2013, 2014): Report of Research Project led by Ishikawa, M. entitled “Community ga tsunagu anzen-anshin na toshi-chiiki no souzou (written in Japanese).” Report of 2013: http://ristex.jp/examin/anzenanshin/PDF/h24_ishikawa.pdf [accessed Sep. 20, 2014], Report of 2014: http://ristex.jp/examin/linebreak anzenanshin/PDF/h25_ishikawa.pdf [accessed September 20, 2014]
-  P. Muller, P. Wonka, S. Haegler, A. Ulmer, L. Van Gool, Procedural Modeling of Buildings: Proceedings of ACM SIGGRAPH 2006 / ACM Transactions on Graphics (TOG), ACM Press, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 614-623, 2006.
-  E. Kumakura, A. Murakami, S. Yamamoto, and M. Ishikawa, “Reconstruction of Tsunami-Stricken Villages using Procedural modeling,” Journal of the Japanese Institute of Landscape Architecture, Vol.78, No.5, pp. 697-702, 2015.
-  Department of Urban Engineering, the University of Tokyo (Ishikawa Laboratory), Report entitled “Igune no bousai kouka ni kansuru chousa houkokusho,” p. 55, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  N. Neuenschwander, H. U. Wissen, A. Grê-Regamey, “Integrating an urban green space typology into procedural 3D visualization for collaborative planning: Computers,” Environment and Urban Systems, Vol.48, pp. 99-110, 2014.
-  “Mirai heno Kioku,” https://www.miraikioku.com [accessed September 20, 2014]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.