Development of Firefighting Equipment for Efficient Firefighting Strategy (Development of New Hose)
Yoshiaki Miyazato*, Takumi Sasaki*, Masaki Sakaguchi**, and Atsushi Nakamura***
*Department of Mechanical Systems Engineering, The University of Kitakyushu
1-1 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu 808-0135, Japan
**Ashimoti Industry Co., Ltd., Osaka, Japan
***Kitakyushu Fire Department, Kitakyushu, Japan
We have developed new firefighting hoses and compared them to conventional hoses, measuring their pressure loss when water alone or mixed water passed through. As a result, it is found that the new hoses have lower pressure loss than conventional hoses, and fewer kinks and they are more durable.
-  T. Fujiyoshi, “New ! J Science 35, Soap-Based Fire Extinguishing Compositions,” RONZA, Vol.151, pp. 12-14, 2008.
-  J. Rescue, IKAROS Publications, Ltd., Vol.44, pp. 26-29, 2010.
-  S. Sannomiya, Y. Miyazato, T. Sasaki, Y. Takahashi, Y. Matsumoto, and J. Imoto, “Development of the Efficient Firefighting Strategy: Development of Advanced Fire Hoses,” Transactions of the JSME, Vol.15, pp. 383-384, 2009 (in Japanese).
-  H. Mizuki, M. Toyomura, K. Uezu, H. Yasui, T. Kawano, I. Akiba, T. Kawahara, S. Hatae, N. Sakamoto, M. Akiyama, C. Mizota, H. Umeki, and K. Yamaga, “Microbial Degradation of a Soap-Based Fire-Fighting Agent in Activated Sludge,” J. Environ. Eng. Manage, Vol.20, No.2, pp. 109-113, 2010.
-  V. L. Streeter, E. B. Wylie, and K. W. Bedford, Fluid Mechanics, 9th edition, McGraw-Hill, p. 293, 2007.