Ground Deformation of Mayon Volcano Revealed by GPS Campaign Survey
Akimichi Takagi*1, Kenji Fujiwara*2, Takahiro Ohkura*3,
Artemio C. Luis, Jr.*4, Alejo V. Baloloy*5, Shinobu Ando*1,
Eduardo Laguerta*5, and Ma. Antonia V. Bornas*4
*1Meteorological Research Institute, Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA), 1-1 Nagamine, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0052, Japan
*2Seismology and Volcanology Department, Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA), Tokyo, Japan
*3Aso Volcanological Laboratory, Kyoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
*4Volcano Monitoring and Eruption Prediction Division, Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS), Philippines
*5Mayon Volcano Observatory, Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS), Philippines
-  J. T. Freymueller and A. M. Kaufman, “Changes in the magma system during the 2008 eruption of Okmok volcano, Alaska, based on GPS measurements,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.115, B12415, doi:10.1029/2010JB007716, 2010.
-  S. Nakao, Y. Morita, H. Yakiwara, J. Oikawa, H. Ueda, H. Takahashi, Y. Ohta, T. Matsushima, and M. Iguchi, “Volume change of the magma reservoir relating to the 2011 Kirishima Shinmoe-dake eruption – Charging, discharging and recharging process inferred from GPS measurements,” Earth Planets Space, Vol.65, pp. 505-515, doi:10.5047/eps.2013.05.017, 2013.
-  S. Baker and F. Amelung, “Top-down inflation and deflation at the summit of Kīlauea Volcano, Hawai‘i observed with InSAR,” J. Geophys. Res., Vol.117, B12406, doi:10.1029/2011JB009123, 2012.
-  G. Jentzsch, R. Punongbayan, U. Schreiber, G. Seeber, C. Völksen, and A. Weise, “Mayon volcano, Philippines: change of monitoring strategy after microgravity and GPS measurements from 1992 to 1996,” J. Volcano. Geotherm. Res., Vol.109, pp. 219-234, 2001.
-  R. Dach, U. Hugentobler, P. Fridez, and M. Meindl, “Bernese GPS Software Version 5.0,” Astronomical Institute, University of Bern, p. 612, 2007.
-  K. Mogi, “Relations of the eruptions of various volcanoes and deformation of ground surfaces around them,” Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst. Univ. Tokyo, Vol.36, pp. 94134, 1958.
-  K. Fukui, S. Ando, K. Fujiwara, S. Kitagawa, K. Kokubo, S. Onizawa, T. Sakai, T. Shimbori, A. Takagi, T. Yamamoto, H. Yamasato, and A. Yamazaki, “MaGCAP-V : a Windows-based software to analyze ground deformation and geomagnetic change in volcanic areas,” IAVCEI 2013 Abstract, 4W_2C-P8, 2013.
-  PHIVOLCS, “MAYON VOLCANO ADVISORY, 07 May 2013 8:30 AM,” 2013.
-  Y. Maeda, H. Kumagai, R. Lacson Jr., M. S. Figueroa II, T. Yamashina, T. Ohkura, and A. V. Baloloy, “A phreatic explosion model inferred from a very long period seismic event at Mayon Volcano, Philippines,” J. Geophys. Res. Solid Earth, Vol.120, 2015, doi:10.1002/2014JB011440.
-  M. Cahulogan, Ma. Mirabueno, Ma. Boras, Ma. Arpa, and A. Pidlaoan, “Report on the December 19-30, 2009 and January 2-12, 2010 Field Surveys on Mayon Volcano,” Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology Internal Report, p. 8, 2010 (unpublished).
-  T. Kozono, H. Ueda, T. Ozawa, T. Koyaguchi, E. Fujita, A. Tomiya, and Y. J. Suzuki, “Magma discharge variations during the 2011 eruptions of Shinmoe-dake volcano, Japan, revealed by geodetic and satellite observations,” Bull. Volcanol., Vol.75, p. 695, doi:10.1007/s00445-013-0695-4, 2013.
-  P. Wessel and W. H. F. Smith, “New, improved version of generic mapping tools released,” Eos Trans. AGU, Vol.79, No.47, pp. 579, doi:10.1029/98EO00426, 1998.
-  ASTER GDEM Validation Team, “ASTER Global DEM Validation Summary Report,” Online,
Available from internet: http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/GDEM/ASTER_GDEM_Validation_Summary_Report_-_FINAL_for_Posting_06-28-09.pdf [downloaded on July 14, 2014]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.