Building a Tsunami Simulation Database for the Tsunami Warning System in the Philippines
Yohko Igarashi*, Toshihiro Ueno*, Kenji Nakata**,
Vilma C. Hernandez-Grennan***, Joan L. Cruz-Salcedo***,
Ishmael C. Narag***, Bartolome C. Bautista***,
and Takeshi Koizumi*
*Japan Meteorological Agency, 1-3-4 Otemachi Chiyoda-ku Tokyo, 100-8122, Japan
**Meteorological Research Institute, Japan Meteorological Agency, 1-1 Nagamine, Tsukuba City, Ibaraki 305-0052, Japan
***Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS), PHIVOLCS Bldg., CP Garcia Ave., U.P. Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines
-  M. L. P. Bautista, B. C. Bautista, J. C. Salcedo, and I. C. Narag, “Philippine tsunamis and seiches (1589–2012),” Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, 2012.
-  H. Tatehata, “The new tsunami warning system of the Japan Meteorological Agency,” Perspectives on Tsunami Hazard Reduction Advances in Natural and Technological Hazards Research, Vol.9, pp. 175-188, 1997.
-  O. Kamigaichi, “Tsunami forecasting and warning, encyclopedia of complexity and systems science,” Springer, pp. 9592-9618, 2009.
-  H. Kanamori and L. Rivera, “Source inversion of W phase: speeding up seismic tsunami warning,” Geophysical Journal International, Vol.175, pp. 222-238, 2008.
-  United Nations Development Programme, “Enhancing Greater Metro Manila’s Institutional Capacities for Effective Disaster/Climate Risk Management towards Sustainable Development (GMMA READY Project),” 2003,
Retrieved June 5, 2014, from http://www.ph.undp.org/content/philippines/en/home/operations/projects/environment and energy/GMMA-READY/
-  B. C. Papazachos, E.M. Scordilis, D. G. Panagiotopoulos, C. B. Papazachos, and G. F. Karakaisis, “Global relations between seismic fault parameters and moment magnitudes of earthquakes,” Bulletin of Geological Society of Greece, XXXVI, Proceedings of the 10th International Congress, pp. 1482-1489, 2004.
-  C. Goto, Y. Ogawa, N. Shuto, and F. Imamura, “Numerical method of tsunami simulation with the leap-frog scheme (IUGG/IOC Time Project),” IOC Manual, UNESCO, No.35, 1997.
-  Y. Okada, “Surface deformation due to shear and tensile faults in a half-space,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol.75, pp. 1135-1154, 1985.
-  Y. Okada, “Internal deformation due to shear and tensile faults in a half-space,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol.82, pp. 1018-1040, 1992.
-  K. Hasegawa, T. Suzuki, K. Inagaki, and N. Shuto, “A study of the mesh size and time increment in the numerical simulation of tsunamis,” Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.381, pp. 111-120, 1987 (in Japanese).
-  Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, “Compilation of Damaging Earthquakes of the Philippines, Moro Gulf Earthquake – 17 August 1976,”
Retrieved June 20, 2014, from http://earthquake.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph/1976MoroGulfEQ/index-moro.html
-  S. Nakamura, “The earthquake and tsunami in southern Mindanao, August, 1976,” Academic Journal of Southeast Asian Studies, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 95-109, 1977 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.