Evaluation of Tsunami Wave Loads Acting on Walls of Confined-Masonry-Brick and Concrete-Block Houses
Gaku Shoji*1, Hirofumi Shimizu*2, Shunichi Koshimura*3,
Miguel Estrada*4, and Cesar Jimenez*5
*1Division of Engineering Mechanics and Energy, Faculty of Engineering, Information and Systems, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
*2Formerly, Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, University of Tsukuba, Japan
*3International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
*4Japan-Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering Research and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru
*5Fenlab, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos (UNMSM), Lima, Peru
-  H. Matsutomi and H. Iizuka, “Tsunami Current Velocity on Land and its Simple Estimation Method,” Proc. of Coastal Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.45, pp. 361-365, 1998 (in Japanese).
-  H.Matsutomi, T. Ohmukai, and K. Imai, “Fluid Force on a Structure due an Inundated Flow Caused by a Tsunami,” Proc. of Hydraulic Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.48, pp. 559-564, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  R. Asakura, K. Iwase, T. Ikeya, M. Takao, T. Kaneto, N. Fujii, and M. Ohmori, “Experimental Study on Wave Force Acting on Onshore Structures due to Overflowing Tsunamis,” Proc. of Coastal Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.47, pp. 911-915, 2000 (in Japanese).
-  Japanese Cabinet Office, “Guideline for Tsunami Evacuation Building,” 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Nakano, “Investigation Report for Damaged Structures due to the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami Ver. 2.2,” 2005 (in Japanese),
http://sismo.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp/Research.files/topic4.files/topic4-007.files/T4-7-1.pdf [accessed June 30, 2014]
-  Y. Nakano,“Design Load Evaluation for Tsunami Shelters Based on Damage Observations after Indian Ocean Tsunami Disaster due to the 2004 Sumatra Earthquake,” Science of Tsunami Hazards, Int. Journal of the Tsunami Society, Vol.29, No.1, pp. 11-20, 2010.
-  G. Shoji, T. Moriyama, K. Kosa, H. Matsutomi, Y. Shigihara, and Y. Murashima, “Damage Assessment of Structures due to the 2006 Java Tsunami,” Proc. of Coastal Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.54, pp. 861-865, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  H. Matsutomi and N. Shuto, “Tsunami Inundation Depth, Tsunami Velocity and the Related Damage of Houses,” Proc. of Coastal Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.41, pp. 246-250, 1994 (in Japanese).
-  S. Koshimura, T. Oie, H. Yanagisawa, and F. Imamura, “Developing Fragility Functions for Tsunami Damage Estimation using Numerical Model and Post-Tsunami Data from Banda Aceh, Indonesia,” Coastal Engineering Journal, Vol.51, No.3, pp. 243-273, 2009.
-  S. Koshimura, E. Okal, L. Dengler, S. Araya, J. Borrero, B. Gomer, G. Laos, D. Olcese, M. Ortiz, M. Swensson, V. Titov, and F. Vegas, “Field Survey of the 2001 Peruvian Earthquake Tsunami,” Proc. of Coastal Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.49, pp. 1461-1465, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  E. Okal, L. Dengler, S. Araya, J. Borrero, B. Gomer, S. Koshimura, G. Laos, D. Olcese, M. Ortiz, M. Swensson, V. Titov, and F. Vegas, “Field Survey of the Camaná, Perú Tsunami of June 23, 2001,” Seismological Research Letters, pp. 907-920, 2002.
-  Y. Tani, G. Shoji, S. Koshimura, and M. Estrada, “Damage Assessment of Houses due to the 2001 Southern Peru Earthquake and Tsunami,” Proc. of 13th Japan Earthquake Engineering Symposium, pp. 829-836, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  M. Miyajima, G. Shoji, and Y. Shigihara, “Reconnaissance of the Damage Caused by the September 29th, 2009, Samoa Islands Earthquake and Tsunami in American Samoa,” Proc. of the 7th Int. Symposium on Mitigation of Geo-hazards in Asia, Harbin, China, 2009.
-  M. Miyajima, K. Fujima, G. Shoji, and Y. Shigihara, “Investigative Study on Damage to Lifeline Facilities Subjected by Tsunami,” Doboku Gakkai Ronbunshuu A1, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.66, No.1, pp. 371-376, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  G. Shoji, N. Pulido, T. Sekiguchi, J. Alva, F. Lazares, and T. Saito, “Damage Investigation of the 2010 Chile Earthquake and Tsunami – Consideration to the Damage of a Structure subjected to a Seismic Excitation and a Following TsunamiWave Load –,” JST-JICA 2010 Chile Earthquake and Tsunami Report, Japan, pp. 27-31, 2010.
-  Ministerio de Vivienda, Republica del Peru, “Reglamento Nacional de Edificaciones E.070 Albanileria,” 2006.
-  F. Yanez, M. Astroza, A. Holmberg, and O. Ogaz, “Bahavior of Confined Masonry Shear Walls with Large Openings,” Proc. of 13th World Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, Paper No.3438, 2004.
-  Architectural Institute of Japan, “Standard Specifications for Concrete-Block Structures,” 1997 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Sanada, Y. Nakamura, N. Yamauchi, C. Ho, and Y. Nakano, “A Method to Enhance Seismic Performances of Unreinforced Masonry Structures Derived from Lateral Force Resisting Mechanisms of Masonry Infilled Frames,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, Architectural Institute of Japan, Vol.605, pp. 159-166, 2006 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.