Analysis of Topographic Effects in Dynamic Response of a Typical Rocky Populated Slope in Lima, Peru
Carlos Gonzales*, Shoichi Nakai*, Toru Sekiguchi*,
Diana Calderon**, Zenon Aguilar**, and Fernando Lazares**
*Department of Urban Environment Systems, Chiba University, 1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba 268-8522, Japan
**Japan Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), Faculty of Civil Engineering, National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru
-  J. Matos, Las Migraciones Campesinas y el Proceso de Urbanizacion en el Peru, UNESCO, 1990 (in Spanish).
-  C. Gonzales, S. Nakai, T. Sekiguchi, D. Calderon, Z. Aguilar, and F. Lazares, “Estimation of the Dynamic Properties and Seismic Response of a Populated Slope in Lima, Peru,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 17-26, 2014.
-  Z. Aguilar, “Seismic Microzonation of Lima,” Japan-Peru Workshop on Earthquake Disaster Mitigation, Japan-Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering Research and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), Faculty of Civil Engineering, National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru, 2005.
-  O. Palacios, J. Caldas, and Ch. Vela, “Geologia de los Cuadrangulos de Lima, Lurin, Chancay y Chosica,” The Geological, Mining and Metallurgical Institute of Peru, pp. 25-29, 1992 (in Spanish).
-  H. Yamanaka and H. Ishida, “Application of the Genetic Algorithms to an Inversion of Surface-Wave Dispersion Data,” Bulletin of Seismological Society of America, Vol.86, No.2, pp. 436-444.
-  D. Calderon, “Dynamic characteristics of the soils in Lima, Peru, by estimating shallow and deep shear-wave velocity profiles,” Graduate School of Engineering, Chiba University, Japan, 2012.
-  M. Matsuoka, H. Miura, S. Midorikawa, and M. Estrada, “Extraction of Urban Information for Seismic Hazard and Risk Assesment in Lima, Peru Using Satellite Imagery,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 328-345, 2013.
-  J. Takaku and T. Tadano, “PRISM on-Orbit Geometric Calibration and DSM Performance,” IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol.47, No.12, pp. 4060-4073, 2009.
-  N. Pulido, “Earthquake rupture and slip scenarios for Central Andes Peru, and strong motion simulations for Lima,” National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention (NIED), 2013.
-  Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), “Guidelines for Determining Design Basis Ground Motions. Volume 1: Method and Guidelines for Estimating Earthquake Ground Motion in Eastern North America,” Technical Report, 1993.
-  M. Walling, W. Silva, and N. Abrahamson, “Nonlinear Site Amplification Factors for Constraining the NGA Models,” Earthquake Spectra, Vol.24, No.1, pp. 243-255, 2008.
-  N. Newmark, “A Method of Computation for Structural Dynamics,” Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, Vol.85, pp. 67-94, 1959.
-  J. Rayleigh and R. Lindsay, The Theory of Sound, 1st American Ed. New York, Dover Publications, 1945.
-  Y. Hashash and D. Park, “Viscous damping formulation and high frequency motion propagation in non-linear site response analysis,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol.22, pp. 611-624, 2002.
-  D. Park and Y. Hashash, “Soil damping formulation in nonlinear time domain site response analysis,” Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 249-274, 2004.
-  L. Quiroz, “Evaluation of Seismic Performance of Residential Buildings in Lima, Peru: A Case Study of Buildings Constructed with Thin RC Walls and Confined Masonry Walls,” Graduate School of Engineering, Division of Arquitechture and Urban Science, Department of Urban Environment Systems, Chiba University, Doctoral Thesis, 2014.
-  R. Proaño and C. Zavala, “Estimation of the seismic response of structures based on SDOF systems for calculation of Seismic Vulnerability,” Proceedings of the XIV National Conference of Civil Engineering, Iquitos, Peru, Paper No.EM-38, p. 12, 2003 (in Spanish).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.