Influenza Project in Myanmar
Reiko Saito*1, Yadanar Kyaw*2, Yi Yi Myint*3,
Clyde Dapat*4,Go Hasegawa*1, and Makoto Naito*1
*1Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University, 1-757 Asahimachi-dori, Chuo-ward, Niigata City, Niigata 951-8510, Japan
*2Thingangyun Sanpya Hospital, Yangon, Myanmar
*3Department of Medical Research (Upper Myanmar), Ministry of Health, Mandalay, Myanmar
*4Department of Virology, Tohoku University, Miyagi, Japan
-  G. Hasegawa, Y. Kyaw, L. Danjuan et al., “Influenza virus infections in Yangon, Myanmar,” Journal of Clinical Virology, the official publication of the Pan American Society for Clinical Virology, Vol.37, No.3, 2006.
-  C. Dapat, R. Saito, Y. Kyaw et al., “Epidemiology of human influenza A and B viruses in Myanmar from 2005 to 2007,” Intervirology, Vol.52, No.6, 2009.
-  I. C. Dapat, C. Dapat, T. Baranovich et al., “Genetic characterization of human influenza viruses in the pandemic (2009-2010) and post-pandemic (2010-2011) periods in Japan,” PloS one, Vol.7, No.6, 2012.
-  World Health Organization, “New influenza A(H1N1) virus infections: Global surveillance summary,” Releve epidemiologique hebdomadaire / Section d’hygiene du Secretariat de la Societe des Nations = Weekly epidemiological record / Health Section of the Secretariat of the League of Nations, Vol.84, No.20, 2009.
-  R. A. Bright, M. J. Medina, X. Xu et al., “Incidence of adamantane resistance among influenza A (H3N2) viruses isolated worldwide from 1994 to 2005: a cause for concern,” Lancet, Vol.366, No.9492, 2005.
-  C. A. Russell, T. C. Jones, I. G. Barr et al., “The global circulation of seasonal influenza A (H3N2) viruses,” Science, Vol.320, No.5874, 2008.
-  C. Dapat, Y. Suzuki, R. Saito et al., “Rare influenza A (H3N2) variants with reduced sensitivity to antiviral drugs,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, Vol.16, No.3, 2010.
-  C. Dapat, R. Saito, Y. Kyaw et al., “Delayed emergence of oseltamivir-resistant seasonal influenza A (H1N1) and pandemic influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 viruses in Myanmar,” Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses, Vol.7, No.5, 2013.
-  A. C. Hurt, “The epidemiology and spread of drug resistant human influenza viruses,” Current Opinion in Virology, Vol.8C, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.