The Outline of the “Collaborative Study on Emerging and Re-Emerging Infectious Diseases in Vietnam, Enhancement of Research Capacity”
Vietnam Research Station, Center for Infectious Disease Research, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University, 1-12-4 Sakamoto, Nagasaki city, Nagasaki 852-8523, Japan
-  European Commission, “Emerging Epidemics Research EU-funded projects 2002-2008,” 2008.
-  L. Liu, H. L. Johnson, S. Cousens, J. Perin, S. Scott, J. E. Lawn, I. Rudan, H. Campbell, R. Cibulskis, M. Li, C. Mathers, and R. E. Black, “Global, regional, and national causes of child mortality: An updated systematic analysis for 2010 with time trends since 2000,” Lancet, Vol.379, pp. 2151-2161, 2012.
-  A. S. Fauci, N. A. Touchette, and G. K. Folkers, “Emerging infectious diseases: A 10-year perspective from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, Vol.11, pp. 519-525, 2005.
-  World Health Organization, “Combating Emerging Infectious Diseases in the South-East Asia Region,” 2005.
-  Nagasaki University, Project document on “Collaborative study on emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases in Vietnam,” 2005.
-  Nagasaki University, “Collaborative study on Emerging and Reemerging Infectious Diseases in Vietnam, Enhancement of Research Capacity phase II,” 2010.
-  World Helath Organization, “Cholera, 2004,” Weekly Epidemiological Record, Vol.80, pp. 261-268, 2005.
-  J. B. Kaper, J. G. Morris, Jr., and M. M. Levine, “Cholera,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, Vol.8, pp. 48-86, 1995.
-  B. M. Nguyen, J. H. Lee, N. T. Cuong, S. Y. Choi, N. T. Hien, D. D. Anh, H. R. Lee, M. Ansaruzzaman, H. P. Endtz, J. Chun, A. L. Lopez, C. Czerkinsky, J. D. Clemens, and D.W. Kim, “Cholera outbreaks caused by an altered Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor biotype strain producing classical cholera toxin B in Vietnam in 2007 to 2008,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, Vol.47, pp. 1568-1571, 2009.
-  T. C. Ngo, D. T. Nguyen, H. H. Tran, T. H. Le, H. T. Nguyen, T. T. Diep, T. P. L. Nguyen, B. M. Nguyen, N. D. Tran, T. Yamashiro, K. Morita, T. H. Nguyen, and M. Ehara, “Imported dogs as possible vehicles of Vibrio cholerae O1 causing cholera outbreaks in northern Vietnam,” The Open Infectious Diseases Journal, Vol.5, pp. 127-134, 2011.
-  B.M. Davis, H. H. Kimsey, A. V. Kane, and M. K. Waldor, “A satellite phage-encoded antirepressor induces repressor aggregation and cholera toxin gene transfer,” The EMBO Journal, Vol.21, pp. 4240-4249, 2002.
-  D. T. Nguyen, B. M. Nguyen, H. H. Tran, T. C. Ngo, T. H. Le, H. T. Nguyen, M. J. Albert, M. Iwami, and M. Ehara, “Filamentous vibriophage fs2 encoding the rstC gene integrates into the same chromosomal region as the CTX phage
-  [corrected],” FEMS Microbiology Letters, Vol.284, pp. 225-230, 2008.
-  N. Van Man, T. Luan le, D. D. Trach, N. T. Thanh, P. Van Tu, N. T. Long, D. D. Anh, T. K. Fischer, B. Ivanoff, J. R. Gentsch, and R. I. Glass, “Epidemiological profile and burden of rotavirus diarrhea in Vietnam: 5 years of sentinel hospital surveillance, 1998-2003,” The Journal of Infectious Diseases, Vol.192, Suppl.1, pp. S127-132, 2005.
-  V. M. Nguyen, V. T. Nguyen, P. L. Huynh, D. T. Dang, T. H. Nguyen, V. T. Phan, T. L. Nguyen, T. L. Le, B. Ivanoff, J. R. Gentsch, and R. I. Glass, “The epidemiology and disease burden of rotavirus in Vietnam: Sentinel surveillance at 6 hospitals,” The Journal of Infectious Diseases, Vol.183, pp. 1707-1712, 2001.
-  T. K. Fischer, D. D. Anh, L. Antil, N. D. Cat, P. E. Kilgore, V. D. Thiem, R. Rheingans, H. Tho le, R. I. Glass, and J. S. Bresee, “Health care costs of diarrheal disease and estimates of the costeffectiveness of rotavirus vaccination in Vietnam,” The Journal of Infectious Diseases, Vol.192, pp. 1720-1726, 2005.
-  G. B. Nair, T. Ramamurthy, M. K. Bhattacharya, T. Krishnan, S. Ganguly, D. R. Saha, K. Rajendran, B. Manna, M. Ghosh, K. Okamoto, and Y. Takeda, “Emerging trends in the etiology of enteric pathogens as evidenced from an active surveillance of hospitalized diarrhoeal patients in Kolkata, India,” Gut Pathog, Vol.2, p. 4, 2010.
-  C. H. Calisher, J. E. Childs, H. E. Field, K. V. Holmes, and T. Schountz, “Bats: Important reservoir hosts of emerging viruses,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, Vol.19, pp. 531-545, 2006.
-  F. Hasebe, N. T. Thuy, S. Inoue, F. Yu, Y. Kaku, S. Watanabe, H. Akashi, D. T. Dat, T. Q. Mai le, and K. Morita, “Serologic evidence of Nipah virus infection in bats, Vietnam,” Emerging Infectious Diseases, Vol.18, pp. 536-537, 2012.
-  P. T. Nga, C. Parquet Mdel, C. Lauber, M. Parida, T. Nabeshima, F. Yu, N. T. Thuy, S. Inoue, T. Ito, K. Okamoto, A. Ichinose, E. J. Snijder, K. Morita, and A. E. Gorbalenya, “Discovery of the first insect nidovirus, a missing evolutionary link in the emergence of the largest RNA virus genomes,” PLoS Pathogens, Vol.7, pp. e1002215, 2011.
-  K. Ahmed, O. Wimalaratne, N. Dahal, P. Khawplod, S. Nanayakkara, K. Rinzin, D. Perera, D. Karunanayake, T. Matsumoto, and A. Nishizono, “Evaluation of a monoclonal antibodybased rapid immunochromatographic test for direct detection of rabies virus in the brain of humans and animals,” The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Vol.86, pp. 736-740, 2012.
-  A. Nishizono, K. Yamada, P. Khawplod, S. Shiota, D. Perera, T. Matsumoto, O. Wimalaratne, M. T. Mitui, and K. Ahmed, “Evaluation of an improved rapid neutralizing antibody detection test (RAPINA) for qualitative and semiquantitative detection of rabies neutralizing antibody in humans and dogs,” Vaccine, Vol.30, pp. 3891-3896, 2012.
-  A. Nishizono, P. Khawplod, K. Ahmed, K. Goto, S. Shiota, K. Mifune, T. Yasui, K. Takayama, Y. Kobayashi, K. Mannen, V. Tepsumethanon, C. Mitmoonpitak, S. Inoue, and K. Morimoto, “A simple and rapid immunochromatographic test kit for rabies diagnosis,” Microbiology and Immunology, Vol.52, pp. 243-249, 2008.
-  H. Takakuwa, T. Yamashiro, M. Q. Le, L. S. Phuong, H. Ozaki, R. Tsunekuni, T. Usui, H. Ito, T. Yamaguchi, T. Ito, T. Murase, E. Ono, and K. Otsuki, “Possible circulation of H5N1 avian influenza viruses in healthy ducks on farms in northern Vietnam,” Microbiology and Immunology, Vol.54, pp. 58-62, 2010.
-  H. Takakuwa, T. Yamashiro, M. Q. Le, L. S. Phuong, H. Ozaki, R. Tsunekuni, T. Usui, H. Ito, T. Yamaguchi, T. Ito, T. Murase, E. Ono, and K. Otsuki, “The characterization of low pathogenic avian influenza viruses isolated from wild birds in northern Vietnam from 2006 to 2009,” Omparative Immunology, Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Vol.36, pp. 581-590, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.