Statistical Summary and Case Studies of Strong Wind Damage in China
Shuyang Cao* and Jin Wang**
*State Key Laboratory of Disaster Reduction in Civil Engineering, Tongji University, Siping Road 1239, Shanghai 200092, China
**Department of Bridge Engineering, Tongji University, Siping Road 1239, Shanghai 200092, China
-  Y. Tamura and S. Cao, “International Group for Wind-Related Disaster Risk Reduction (IG-WRDRR),” J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodyn., Vol.104-106, pp. 3-11, 2012.
-  R. D. Knabb, J. R. Rhome, and D. Brone, “Tropical cyclone report: Hurricane katrina, 23-30 August 2005,” National Hurricane Center, 2005.
-  L. Chen and Z. Meng, “An Overview on Tropical Cyclone Research Progress in China during the Past Ten Years,” Chinese Journal of Atmospheric Sciences, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 420-432, 2001.
-  B. Liang, J. Liang, and Z. Wen, “Study of typhoon disaster and its affects in China,” Journal of Natural Disasters, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 84-91, 1995.
-  Q. Zhang, L.Wu, and Q. Liu, “Tropical Cyclone Damages in China 1983-2006,” American Meteorological Society, pp. 489-495, 2009.
-  David O. Prevatt, et al. “Joplin, Missouri, Tornado of May 22, 2011 – Structural damage survey and case for tornado-resilient Building code,” ASCE, Reston, VA. 67pp..
-  J. H. Golden and J. T. Snow, “Mitigation against extreme windstorms,” Rev. Geophys., Vol.29, No.4) pp. 477-504, 1991.
-  F. Zheng and G. Xie, “Progress in tornado researches in China in recent 30 years,” Meteorological Science and Technology, Vol.38, No.3, pp. 295-299, 2010 (in Chinese).
-  http://www.digital-typhoon.org/ [accessed November 12, 2013]
-  Y. Fukumasa, “Change in the number of casualties due to typhoon striking,” Study on Disasters, Vol.23, pp. 84-89, 1992 (in Japanese).
-  EMDAT, Center for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters. 2009.
-  Y. Tamura, “Wind-induced damage to buildings and disaster risk reduction,” Proceedings of the APCWE7, Taipei, Taiwan, November 8-12, 2009.
-  Y. Uematsu, J. Suzuya, and T. Nozawa, “Building damage in Aomori and Akita prefectures due to Typhoon No.19 of 1991,” Journal of Wind Engineering, Japan Association for Wind Engineering, Vol.51, pp. 35-47, 1992.
-  J. D. Holmes, C. W. Letchford, N. Lin, “Investigations of platetype windborne debris,” Journal ofWind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol.94, No.1, pp. 21-39, 2006.
-  C.W. Letchford, C. Mansb, andM. T. Chaya, “Thunderstorms, their importance in wind engineering – a case for the next generation wind tunnel,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol.90, pp. 1415-1433, 2002.
-  David O. Prevatt et al. “Making the case for improved structural design: The tornado outbreaks of 2011,” ASCE Leadership and management in Engineering, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 254-70, 2012.
-  D. Chen, X. and Jin, R. Zhu, “Study of wind damage on low-price dwellings,” NSFC report, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.