Risk Evaluation of Drifting Ship by Tsunami
Yusuke Suga*, Shunichi Koshimura**, and Ei-ichi Kobayashi***
*Miyagi Prefectural Government, Honcho 3-8-1, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8570, Japan
**International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University, Aoba 6-6-03, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
***Graduate School of Maritime Sciences, Kobe University, 5-1-1 Fukae-minamimachi, Higashinada-ku, Kobe 658-0022, Japan
-  B. H. Choi, S. J. Hong, D. Hwang, R. Hidayat, V. Kaistrenko, Yu. Korolev, A. Kukin, E. Pelinovsky, N. Polukhin, G. Prasetya, N. Razzhigaeva, D. Subandono, A. Yalciner, S. B. Yoon, and A. Zaitsev, “Data of Two Field Surveys and Numerical Simulation, Sumatra Tsunami on 26 December 2004, Asian and Pacific Coasts, Catastrophic Tsunami in the Indian Ocean (December 26, 2004),” pp. 159-187, 2005.
-  F. Imamura, T. Arikawa, T. Tomita, T.Yasuda, and Y. Kawata, “Field Investigation on the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami in the Southwestern Coast of Sri Lanka, Sumatra Tsunami on 26 December 2004, Asian and Pacific Coasts,” pp. 93-105, 2005.
-  E. Kobayashi, S. Koshimura, and M. Kubo, “A Basic Study on Ship Drifting by Tsunami,” Journal of the Kansai Society of Naval Architects, Vol.243, pp. 49-56, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  T. Hashimoto, S. Koshimura, E. Kobayashi, N. Fujii, and M. Takao, “Development of hazard map in waterfront area by ship drifting and grounding model in tsunami,” Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Ser. B2(Coastal Engineering), 66.1, pp. 236-240, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  C. Goto, Y. Ogawa, N. Shuto, and F. Imamura, “IUGG/IOC TIME Project, Numerical Method of Tsunami Simulation with the Leapfrog Scheme,” UNESCO, 126p., 1997.
-  F. Imamura, S. Koshimura, R. Oie, Y. Mabuchi, and Y.Murashima, “Tohoku University model (version 1.0)” (in Japanese),
http://www.tsunami.civil.tohoku.ac.jp/hokusai3/J/events/tohoku2011/model/[accessed January 12, 2011]
-  Y. Okada, “Surface deformation due to shear and tensile faults in a half-space,” Bulletin of the seismological society of America, Vol.75, No.4, pp. 1135-1154, 1985.
-  N. Mori, T. Takahashi, and the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake Tsunami Joint Survey Group, “Nationwide post event survey and analysis of the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake Tsunami,” Coastal Engineering Journal, Vol.54, No.1, pp. 1250001-1, 2012, doi:10.1142/S0578563412500015
-  I. Aida, “Reliability of a tsunami source model derived from fault parameters,” Journal of Physics of the Earth, Vol.26, No.1, pp. 57-73, 1978.
-  A. C. Landsburg, “Design and Verification for Adequate Ship Maneuverability,” SNAME TRANS, Vol.91, pp. 351-401, 1983.
-  A. Ogawa, K. Hasegawa, and Y. Yoshimura, “Experimental verification and improvement of amathematical model of ship maneuvering,” Bulletin of the Society of Naval Architects of Japan, Vol.616, pp. 565-576, 1980 (in Japanese).
-  The Society of Naval Architects of Japan, Proceedings of the 2nd Symposium on Ship Maneuverability, 69p. 1970 (in Japanese).
-  The Japan Association of Marine Safety, “Guideline of Ultra-large ship Maneuvering,” 129p., 1975 (in Japanese).
-  E. Kobayashi, “The development of principal simulation system to evaluate ship maneuverability in shallow water,” Proceedings of the sixth international symposium on practical design of ship and mobile units (PRADS 95), pp. 712-723, 1995.
-  H. Matsutomi, “Method for estimating collision force of driftwood accompanying tsunami inundation flow,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.4, No.6, pp. 435-440, 2009.
-  G. S. Yeom, T. Nakamura, and N. Mizutani, “Collision analysis of container drifted by runup tsunami using drift collision coupled model,” Journal of Disaster Research, Vol.4, No.6, pp. 441-449, 2009.
-  R. B. Haehnel and S. F. Daly, “Maximum impact force of woody debris on floodplain structures,” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol.130, No.2, pp. 112-120, 2004.
-  American Association of State Highways and Transportation Officials, “LRFD Bridge Design Specifications,” Second edition, pp. 26-27, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.