Application of the Probability Evaluation for the Seasonal Reservoir Operation on Flood Mitigation and Water Supply in the Chao Phraya River Watershed, Thailand
Daisuke Komori*, Cherry May Mateo*, Akane Saya*,
Shinichiro Nakamura*, Masashi Kiguchi*, Phonchai Klinkhachorn**,
Thada Sukhapunnaphan**, Adisorn Champathong**, Kimio Takeya***,
*Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Komaba, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-8505, Japan
**Office of Water Management and Hydrology, Royal Irrigation Department (RID), 811 Samsen Rd, Dusit, Bangkok 10300, Thailand
***Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Nibancho Center Building, 5-25 Niban-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8012, Japan
-  CRED, “EM-DATTheInternationalDisasterDatabase,” 2013,
http://www.emdat.be/ [accessed Jan. 17, 2013]
-  Japan Meteolorogical Agency, 2012,
http://www.data.jma.go.jp/gmd/cpd/monitor/annual/ [accessed Jan. 31, 2012]
-  T. Tebakari, J. Yoshitani, and P. Suvanpimol, “Impact of largescale reservoir operation on flow regime in the Chao Phraya River basin, Thailand,” Hydrological Processes, Vol.26, pp. 2411-2420, DOI:10.1002/hyp.9345, 2012.
-  T. Tebakari, J. Yoshitani, C. Suvanpimol, M. Miyamoto, and T. Yamada, “Assessment of Flood Control and Water Supply Abilities of Large Scale Reservoir using Numerical Experiment – A Case Study in the Chao Phraya River Basin, Kingdom of Thailand –,” J. Japan Soc. Hydrol. & Water Resour., Vol.20, No.3, pp. 145-155, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  D. Komori, S. Nakamura, M. Kiguchi, A. Nishijima, D. Yamazaki, S. Suzuki, A. Kawasaki, K. Oki, and T. Oki, “Characteristics of the 2011 Chao Phraya River Flood in Central Thailand,” Hydrological Research Letters, Vol.6, pp. 41-46, 2012.
-  T. Tebakari and J. Yoshitani, “Effect of Large-scale Dams on the Hydrological Regime; A Case Study in the Chao Phraya River Basin, Kingdom of Thailand,” J. Japan Soc. Hydrol. & Water Resour., Vol.18, No.3, pp. 281-292, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  C. May Mateo, N. Hanasaki, D. Komori, K. Yoshimura, M. Kiguchi, A. Champathong, D. Yamazaki, T. Sukhapunnaphan, and T. Oki, “A Simulation Model for Assessing Impacts of Modifyingh Reservoir Operation Rules on Flood Mitigation and Water Supply,” IAHS, 2013 (submitted).
-  N. Hanasaki, S. Kanae, T. Oki, K. Masuda, K. Motoya, N. Shirakawa, Y. Shen, and K. Tanaka, “An integrated model for the assessment of global water resources – Part 1: Model description and input meteorological forcing,” Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., Vol.12, pp. 1007-1025, doi:10.5194/hess-12-1007-2008, 2008.
-  D. Yamazaki, S. Kanae, H. Kim, and T. Oki, “A physically based description of floodplain inundation dynamics in a global river routing model,” Water Resour. Res., Vol.47, W04501, DOI: 10.1029/2010WR009726., 2011.
-  J. Matsumoto, “Seasonal transition of summer rainy season over Indochina and adjacent monsoon region,” Adv. Atmos. Sci., Vol.14, pp. 231-245, 1997.
-  M. Kiguchi and J. Matsumoto, “The rainfall Phenomena during the Pre-monsoon Period over the Indochina Peninsula in the GAMEIOP Year,” J. of theMeteorological Society of Japan, Vol.83, pp. 89-106, 2005.
-  Japan Institute of Country-ology and Engineering, 2003 (Japanese),
http://www.jice.or.jp/sim/t1/200608150.html [accessed Jan. 20, 2013]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.