Extraction of Urban Information for Seismic Hazard and Risk Assessment in Lima, Peru Using Satellite Imagery
Masashi Matsuoka*, Hiroyuki Miura**, Saburoh Midorikawa*,
and Miguel Estrada***
*Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta 4259-G3, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8502, Japan
**Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University, 1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
***Japan-Peru Center for Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Mitigation (CISMID), National University of Engineering, Av. Túpac Amaru 1150, Lima 25, Peru
-  H. Miura and S. Midorikawa, “Updating GIS Building Inventory Data Using High-resolution Satellite Images for Earthquake Damage Assessment: Application to Metro Manila, Philippines,” Earthquake Spectra, Vol.22, No.1, pp. 151-168, 2006.
-  F. Yamazaki, M. Matsuoka, H. Mitomi, and Y. Yusuf, “Macro-and Micro-scale Urban Classification of Metro Manila for Seismic Risk Assessment Using Satellite Images,” 6th Multi-Lateral Workshop on Development of Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster Mitigation Technologies and Their Integration for the Asia-Pacific Region, EDM Technical Report, No.18, CD-ROM, Earthquake Disaster Mitigation Research Center, p. 8, 2004.
-  I. F. Shaker, A. Abd-Elrahman, A. K. Abdel-Gawad, and M. A. Sherief, “Building Extraction from High Resolution Space Images in High Density Residential Areas in the Great Cairo Region,” Remote Sensing, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 781-791, 2011.
-  W. Takeuchi and Y. Yasuoka, “Development of Normalized Vegetation, Soil and Water Indices Derived from Satellite Remote Sensing Data,” Journal of the Japan Society Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Vol.43, No.6, pp. 7-19, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  J. Chen, L. Manchun, Y. Liu, and C. Shen, “Extract Residential Areas Automatically by New Built-Up Index,” Proceedings of 18th International Conference on Geoinformatics, pp. 1-5, 2010.
-  I. Saito, M. Piao, and O. Ishihara, “Extraction of Land Covering Changes by Landsat TM Data,” Journal of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Engineering, Vol.561, pp. 79-85, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  J. Takaku and T. Tadano, “PRISM On-Orbit Geometric Calibration and DSM Performance,” IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol.47, No.12, pp. 4060-4073, 2009.
-  USGS (US Geological Survey): GTOPO30 – Global 30 Arc Second Elevation Data Set,
http://www1.gsi.go.jp/geowww/globalmapgsi/gtopo30/gtopo30.html [access available on Nov. 1, 2012]
-  GSI (Geospatial Information Authority of Japan): Basic Geospatial Information (Digital Elevation Model 10 m and 5 m),
http://www.gsi.go.jp/kiban/index.html (in Japanese) [access available on Nov. 1, 2012]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.