Sensitivity Studies on a Punching Wall of IRIS_2010 Benchmark Exercise
Markku Tuomala*, Kim Calonius**, Juha Kuutti**,
Arja Saarenheimo**, and Pekka Välikangas***
*Department of Civil Engineering, Tampere University of Technology, P.O. Box 600, FI-33101 Tampere, Finland
**Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT), Espoo, Finland
***Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority (STUK), Helsinki, Finland
-  M. J. Forrestal, B. S. Altman, J. D. Cargile, and S. J. Hanchak, “An empirical equation for penetration depth of ogive-nose projectiles into concrete targets,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol.15, pp. 395-405, 1994.
-  “Abaqus Theory Manual,” version 6.11-1. Dassault Systèmes, 2011.
-  Q. M. Li and X. W. Chen, “Dimensionless formulae for penetration depth of concrete target impacted by a non-deformable projectile,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol.28, pp. 93-116, 2003.
-  J. A. Teland and H. Sjøl, “Penetration into concrete by truncated projectiles,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol.30, pp. 447-464, 2004.
-  X.W. Chen, X. L. Li, F. L. Huang, H. J.Wu, and Y. Z. Chen, “Normal perforation of reinforced concrete target by rigid projectile,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol.35, pp. 1119-1129, 2008.
-  Q. M. Li, S. R. Reid, H. M. Wen, and A. R. Telford, “Local impact effects of hard missiles on concrete targets,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol.32, pp. 224-284, 2005.
-  P. Barr, “Guidelines for the design and assessment of concrete structures subjected to impact,” AEA, 1990.
-  A. K. Kar, “Residual velocity for projectiles,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol.53, pp. 87-95, 1979.
-  A. Vepsä, A. Saarenheimo, F. Tarallo, J.-M. Rambach and N. Orbovic, “IRIS_2010 – Part II: Experimental data,” Transactions, SMiRT-21, Paper ID 520, 6-11 November, 2011, New Delhi, India.
-  N. Orbovic, M. Elgohary, N. Lee, and A. Blahoianu, “Tests on reinforced concrete slabs with pre-stressing and with transverse reinforcement under impact loading,” Transactions of SMiRT-20, August 2009, Espoo, Finland.
-  Comité Euro-International du Béton, “Design of concrete structures,” CEB-FIP-Model-Code 1990, Thomas Telford Ltd, 1993.
-  M. Tuomala, A. Saarenheimo, K. Calonius, P. Välikangas, and A. Vepsä, “Sensitivity Studies on IRIS_2010 Punching Wall,” Transactions, SMiRT-21, Paper ID 832, 6-11 November, 2011, New Delhi, India.
-  C. Y. Tham, “Reinforced concrete perforation and penetration simulation using AUTODYN-3D,” Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol.41, pp. 1401-1410, 2005.
-  H. Sjøl and J. A. Teland, “Perforation of concrete targets,” FFI Rapport 2001/05786, pp. 1-48, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.