Ultimate Response of Superstructure Supported by Spread Foundation During Strong Earthquakes
Shuji Tamura*, Amane Kuriki**, and Kohji Tokimatsu***
*Disaster Prevention Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University, Gokasho Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan
**Graduate School, Kyoto University, Gokasho Uji, Kyoto 611-0011, Japan
***Tokyo Institute Technology, 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8550, Japan
-  G. W. Housner, “The behavior of inverted pendulum structures during earthquakes,” Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol.53, No.2, pp. 403-417, 1963.
-  J. W. Meek, “Effects of Foundation Tipping on Dynamic Response,” Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE, Vol.101, No.7, pp. 1297-1311, 1975.
-  A. A. Huckelbridge, Jr. and R. W. Clough, “Seismic response of uplifting building frame,” Journal of the Structural Division, ASCE, Vol.104, No.8, pp. 1211-1229, 1978.
-  A. K. Chopra and S. C.-S. Yim, “Simplified Earthquake Analysis of Structures with Foundation Uplift,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol.111, No.4, pp. 906-930, 1985.
-  A. Yamada, I. Maeda, and K. Miura, “Uplift nonlinearity for rigid foundation on elastic half Space,” Summaries of technical papers of annual meeting, AIJ, B-1, pp. 1499-1500, 1992 (in Japanese).
-  A. Wada, T. Yamada, Y. Ono, and Y. Sasaki, “Shaking table tests of uplift behavior of building on elastic foundation during earthquakes,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, AIJ, No.595, pp. 57-64, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  S. Gajan, and B. Kutter, “Capacity, settlement, and energy dissipation of shallow footings subjected to rocking,” Journal of Geotech Geoenviron Eng., ASCE, Vol.134, No.8, pp. 1129-1141, 2008.
-  M. Anastasopoulos, G. Gazetas, M. Loli, M. Apostolou, and N. Gerolymos, “Soil failure is useful for seismic protection of structures,” Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 309-326, 2010.
-  N. Allotey and M. H. EI Naggar, “Analytical moment-rotation curves for rigid foundations based on a Winkler model,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol.23, pp. 367-381, 2003.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.