Tsunami Hydrodynamics in the Columbia River
Harry Yeh*1, Elena Tolkova*2, David Jay*3,
Stefan Talke*3, and Hermann Fritz*4
*1School of Civil & Construction Engineering, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331-3212, USA
*2Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean (JISAO), University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98115-6349, USA
*3Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon 97207, USA
*4School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Savannah, Georgia 31407-3039, USA
-  H. Tanaka, A. Mano, and M. Roh, Tsunami propagation into rivers, Preliminary report for the collaborative survey efforts, at Kansai University, Takatsuki, 7/16/2011.
-  H. M. Fritz, C. M. Petroff, P. Catalán, R. Cienfuegos, P. Winckler, N. Kalligeris, R. Weiss, S. E. Barrientos, G. Meneses, C. Valderas-Bermejo, C. Ebeling, A. Papadopoulos, M. Contreras, R. Almar, J. C. Dominguez, and C. E. Synolakis, “Field Survey of the 27 February 2010 Chile Tsunami,” Pure Appl. Geophys., Vol.168, No.11, pp. 1989-2010, doi:10.1007/s00024-011-0283-5, 2011.
-  B. F. Atwater, S. Musumi, K. Satake, Y. Tsuji, K. Ueda, and D. K. Yamaguchi, “The Orphan Tsunami of 1700: Japanese clues of a parent earthquake in North America,” University of Washington Press, Seattle, Washington, p. 133, 2005.
-  T. Kukulka and D. A. Jay, “Impacts of Columbia River discharge on salmonid habitat: 1. A nonstationary fluvial tide model,” “J. Geophys. Res., Vol.108, No.C9, p. 3293, 2003.
-  D. A. Jay, K. Leffler, H. Diefenderfer, A. Borde, and C. McNeil, “Tidal-fluvial and estuarine processes in the Lower Columbia River: I. along-channel water level variations,” Pacific Ocean to Bonneville Dam, submitted to Coasts and Estuaries, 2011.
-  B. W Wilson and A Torum, “Runup Heights of the Major Tsunami on North American Coasts,” The great Alaska earthquake of 1964 : oceanography and coastal engineering, NAS, p. 556, 1972.
-  G. R. Priest, C. Goldfinger, K. Wang, R. C. Witter, Y. Zhang, and A. M. Baptista, “Tsunami hazard assessment of the Northern Oregon Coast: A multi-determistic approach tested at Cannon Beach, Clatsop County, Oregon,” Special Paper 41, State of Oregon, Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, 2009.
-  Y. Tsuji, T. Yanuma, and I. Murata, “Tsunami ascending in rivers as an undular bore,” Natural Hazards, Vol.4, pp. 257-266, 1991.
-  H. Yasuda, “One-dimensional study on propagation of tsunami wave in river channels,” J. Hyd. Engrg., Vol.136, pp. 93-105, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.