Flood Risk Communication from the Viewpoint of Disaster Prevention Awareness in an Urban Area of Tokyo, Kita Ward
Graduate School of Environmental Science, Hokkaido University, North 10, West 5, Kita-Ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0810, Japan
-  Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport and Tourism (MLIT), “Website of Hazard map portal site,” 2011, http://disapotal.gsi.go.jp/publicate/index.html?code=1 [accessed Mar. 8 2011]
-  M. Ushiyama, “Studies in Heavy Rainfall Disaster Information,” Kokon Shoin, Japan, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  D. Johnston, D. Paton, G. L. Crawford, K. Ronan, B. Houghton, and P. Bürgelt, “Measuring Tsunami Preparedness in Coastal Washington, United States,” Natural Hazards, Vol.35, pp. 173-184, 2005.
-  M. Hagemeier-Klose and K. Wagner, “Evaluation of flood hazard maps in print and web mapping services as information tools in flood risk communication,” Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, Vol.9, pp. 563-574, 2009.
-  T. Petrow, H. A. Thieken, H. Kreibich, H. C. Bahlburg, and B.Merz, “Improvements on Flood Alleviation in Germany: Lessons Learned from the Elbe Flood in August 2002,” Environmental management, Vol.38, pp. 717-732, 2006.
-  R. Raaijmakers, J. Krywkow, and A. van der Veen, “Flood risk perceptions and spatial multi-criteria analysis: an exploratory research for hazard mitigation,” Natural Hazards, Vol.46, pp. 307-322, 2008.
-  T. Katada, M. Kodama, and H. Saeki, “Study on residents’ recognition of a flood hazard map and promotion measures of its recognition,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.48, pp. 433-438, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Oikawa and T. Katada, “The Characteristics of Inhabitants’ Cognition Involving Heavy-Rainfall Hazard in Small Mountainous River Basins,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Japan Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.45, pp. 43-48, 2001 (in Japanese).
-  Arakawa Downstream River Office, “Arakawa compass,” Arakawa Downstream River Office, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  Kita-Ward Office, “Website of Demographic chart,” 2011 (in Japanese), http://www.city.kita.tokyo.jp/docs/digital/332/033211.htm [accessed Nov. 2011]
-  R. Arthurton, “Marine-related physical natural hazards affecting coastal megacities of the Asia-Pacific region-awareness and mitigation,” Ocean Coast Manage, Vol.40, pp. 65-85, 1998.
-  R. Fujii and K. Morino, “Providing flood information at the town: Development of flood signs,” Report of the Symposium, Foundation of River and basin Integrated Communications, Vol.9, pp. 1-8, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  K. Burningham, J. Fielding, and D. Thrush, “It’ll never happen to me’: understanding public awareness of local flood risk,” Disasters, Vol.32, pp. 216-238, 2008.
-  International Tsunami Information Centre (ITIC), “Website of ITIC, Products & services,” http://ioc3.unesco.org/itic/contents.php?id=645, 2009 [accessed Jun. 5 2009]
-  H. Kreibich and A. H. Thieken, “Coping with floods in the city of Dresden, Germany,” Natural Hazards, Vol.51, pp. 423-436, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.