Influence of Detailed Topography when Modeling Flows in Street Junction During Urban Flood
Pierre-Henri Bazin*, Anne Bessette**, Emmanuel Mignot**,
André Paquier*, and Nicolas Rivière**
*Hydrology Hydraulics Research Unit (HHLY), National Research Institute of Science and Technology for Environment and Agriculture (Irstea), 3 bis quai Chauveau CP220, 69336 Lyon cedex09, France
**Fluid Mechanics and Acoustics Laboratory (LMFA), CNRS-Universite de Lyon, INSA de Lyon, Bat. Joseph Jacquard, 20 avenue A. Einstein, 69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
-  E. Mignot, A. Paquier, and S. Haider, “Modeling floods in a dense urban area using 2D shallow water equations,” Journal of Hydrology, Vol.327, Nos.1-2, pp. 186-199, 2006.
-  D. Yu and S. N. Lane, “Urban fluvial flood modelling using a twodimensional diffusion-wave treatment, part 1: mesh resolution effects,” Hydrological Processes, Vol.20, No.7, pp. 1541-1565, 2006.
-  Z. Vojinovic and D. Tutulic, “On the use of 1D and coupled 1D-2D modelling approaches for assessment of flood damage in urban areas,” Urban Water Journal, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 183-199, 2009.
-  J. E. Schubert, B. F. Sanders et al., “Unstructured mesh generation and landcover-based resistance for hydrodynamic modeling of urban flooding,” Advances in Water Resources, Vol.31, No.12, pp. 1603-1621, 2008.
-  L. J. Weber, E. D. Schumate, and N. Mawer, “Experiments on flow at a 90° open-channel junction,” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol.127, No.5, pp. 340-350, 2001.
-  N. M. Hunter, P. D. Bates, S. Neelz, G. Pender, I. Villanueva, N. G. Wright, D. Liang, R. A. Falconer, B. Lin, S. Waller, A. J. Crossley, and D. C. Mason, “Benchmarking 2D hydraulic models for urban flooding,” Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers-Water Management, Vol.161, No.11, pp. 13-30, 2008.
-  J. Le Coz, A. Hauet, G. Pierrefeu, G. Dramais, and B. Camenen, “Performance of image-based velocimetry (LSPIV) applied to flash-flood discharge measurements in Mediterranean rivers,” Journal of Hydrology, Vol.394, Nos.1-2, pp. 42-52, 2010.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.