Urban Flood Inundation Model for High Density Building Area
Mohammad Farid*, Akira Mano**, and Keiko Udo**
*Water Resources Engineering Research Group, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Jalan Ganesha 10 Bandung 40132, Indonesia
**Disaster Control Research Center, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, 6-6-11 Aoba Aramaki Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  M. S. Horritt and P. D. Bates, “Evaluation of 1D and 2D numerical models for predicting river flood inundation,” J. Hydrol., Vol.268, pp. 87-99, 2002.
-  W. J. Syme, “Flooding in urban areas – 2D modelling approaches for building and fences,” Proc. 9th National Conference in Hydraulics in Water Engineering, 2008.
-  W. F. Li, Q. W. Chen, and J. Q. Mao, “Development of 1D and 2D coupled model to simulate urban inundation: An application to Beijing Olympic Village,” Chinese Sci. Bull., Vol.54, No.9, pp. 1613-1621, 2009.
-  V. Tayefi, S. N. Lane, R. J. Hardy, and D. Yu, “A comparison of oneand two- dimensional approaches to modeling flood inundation over complex upland floodplains,” Hydrol. Processes 21, pp. 3190-3202, 2007.
-  A. Chen, S. Djordjevic, J. Leandro, B. Evans, and D. Savic, “Simulation of the building blockage effect in urban flood modelling,” Proc. 11th International Conference on Urban Drainage, pp. 1-10, 2008.
-  A. S. Chen, M. S. Hsu, T. S. Chen, and T. J. Chang, “An integrated inundation model for highly developed urban areas,” Water Sci. and Technology, Vol.15, No.2, pp. 221-229, 2005.
-  J. E. Schubert, B. F. Sanders, M. J. Smith, and N. G. Wright, “Unstructured mesh generation and land cover-based resistance for hydrodynamic modelling of urban flooding,” Adv. Water Resour., Vol.31, pp. 1603-1621, 2008.
-  S. H. Kang, “The application of integrated urban inundation model in Republic of Korea,” Hydrol. Processes, Vol.23, pp. 1642-1649, 2010.
-  H. Kardhana and A. Mano, “Uncertainty evaluation in a flood forecasting model using JMA numerical weather prediction,” J. Disaster Res., Vol.4, No.4, pp. 272-277, 2009.
-  S. Diposaptono, W. A. Pratikto, and A. Mano, “Flood in Jakarta – Lessons learnt from the 2002 flood,” Proc. 2nd International Conference Asia and Pacific Coasts,” pp. 20-21, 2003.
-  D. Dutta, A. Alam, K. Umeda, M. Hayashi, and S. Hironaka, “A two-dimensional hydrodynamic model for flood inundation simulation: A case study in the lower Mekong river basin,” Hydrol. Processes, Vol.21, pp. 1223-1237, 2007.
-  M. Farid, A. Mano, and K. Udo, “Modelling flood runoff response to land cover change with rainfall spatial distribution in urbanized catchment,” Annual J. Hydraul. Engng., Vol.55, pp. 19-24, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.