How to Optimize the Urban Recovery After Earthquake Disaster – Preparedness for Recovery from the Next Tokyo Earthquake –
Graduate School of Political Science and Economics, Meiji University, Kanda surugadai 1-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8301, Japan
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Research Report on the Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake Disaster (Hanshin-Awaji daishinsai tyosa hokoku syo),” TMG, Japan, 1995.
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Ground Design for Postearthquake Reconstruction (Shinsai gurando dezain),” TMG, Japan, 2001.
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Earthquake Reconstruction Manual; Process management version (Shinsai hukkou manyuaru: hukko purosesu hen),” TMG, Japan, 2003,
[accessed at 2006]
-  Tokyo Metropolitan Government, “Earthquake Reconstruction Manual; Policy making version (Shinsai hukkou manyuaru: hukko sesaku hen),” TMG, Japan, 2003.
-  Itsuki Nakabayashi, Shin Aida, and Taro Ichiko, “Pre-disaster Restoration Measures of Preparedness for Post-disaster restoration in Tokyo.” Journal of Disaster Research.” Vol.3. No,6, pp. 407-421. 2008.
-  Taro Ichiko, “Pre-disaster recovery and reconstruction exercise (Shinsai hukko machidukuri mogi kunren),” COMMUNITYBASED RECONSTRUCTION (hukkoumatidukuri), Maruzen, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 219-268, 2009.
-  Itsuki Nakabayashi, “Process of recovery and reconstruction – Speed of reconstruction – (Hukkyuhukko no purosesu-Hukko no supido –),” Handbook of Disaster Management Vol.3, pp. 32-35, Gyosei, Tokyo, Japan, 2011a.
-  Itsuki Nakabayashi, “Process of recovery and reconstruction – Reconstruction of affected area and individual recovery – (Hukkyu?hukko no purosesu – Hisaiti hukko to kojinn no hukko –),” Handbook of Disaster Management Vol.3, pp. 36-39, Gyosei, Tokyo, Japan, 2011b.
-  Katsushika Ward, “Master plan for city planning of Katsushika ward” (katushika-ku Toshikeikaku masuta puran), pp. 86-93, 2011.
-  Itsuki Nakabayashi, “National reconstruction ground design as dual recovery strategy of post-disaster and pre-disaster recoveries – National reconstruction scenario of both post-disaster recovery from the Eastern Japan Earthquake and per-disaster recovery from the Capital Region and Western Japan earthquakes –,” City Planning Review, No.291, pp. 58-61, 2011c.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.