The Meaning of “Fuchi” and the Scenic Landscape Role in Historic Kyoto’s Disaster Mitigation - “Fuchi” Use Until Scenic Landscape Setup Under the Old City Planning Act and Scenic Landscape Regulation Management in Kyoto -
Nobuo Fukushima*, Naoko Itaya**, Kanefusa Masuda**,
Takeyuki Okubo***, and Masafumi Yamasaki***
*Graduate School of Science and Engneering, Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji-higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
**Research Center for Disaster Mitigation of Urban Cultural Heritage, Ritsumeikan University, 58 Komatsu-bara Kita-machi, Kitaku, Kyoto 603-8341, Japan
***College of Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji-higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
-  Y. Hara, “Historical review on the importance of scenic landscape in prewar times,” Papers of Japanese Institute of Landscape Architecture, Vol.24, pp. 813-816, 2006.
-  M. Taneda, “Study on the concept of scenic landscape in prewar times,” Papers of Japanese Institute of Landscape Architecture, No.7, pp. 300-305, 1989.
-  Hiroshi Ikeda, “Legislation on City Planning,” Jurisprudence Papers, Vol.2, No.1, 1919.
-  K. Kono, “Basic Study on Scenic Landscape (1),” Summaries of academic lectures in conference of Architecture Institute of Japan (Kanto region), pp. 297-298, 1993.
-  “Interpretation of City Planning Act,” City Planning Bureau, Ministry of Interior, 1922.
-  S. Mizutani, “Scenic Landscape in City Planning,” Horticultural Journal Vol.1, No.1, pp. 19-26, 1934.
-  N. Fukushima, “Study on Change of Designation of Scenic Landscape in Kyoto City,” City Planning Institute of Japan, Papers of City Planning No.43-3, pp. 667-298, 2008.
-  H. Nakamura, “Idea of planning on landscape and urban scenic beauty in the 1930s – from viewpoint of management of scenic landscape in Kyoto Prefecture,” Papers of academic studies, City Planning Institute of Japan 17, pp. 433-438, 1982.
-  N. Kumagai, “Study on Management of Ordinance on Kyoto Natural Landscape Conservation – Focusing on Connection with Ordinance on Scenic Landscapes,” Summaries, academic lectures, conference, Architecture Institute of Japan (Kanto region), pp. 927-928, 2001.
-  “Interpretation and Management of Criteria for Permission by Ordinance on Kyoto City Scenic Landscape,” August 2009, “Fuchi” Conservation Section
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.