Dynamic Characteristic Investigation of a Historical Masonry Building and Surrounding Ground in Kathmandu
Hari Ram Parajuli*1, Junji Kiyono*2, Masatoshi Tatsumi*2,
Yoshiyuki Suzuki*1, Hisashi Umemura*3,
Hitoshi Taniguchi*1, Kenzo Toki*1, Aiko Furukawa*4,
and Prem Nath Maskey*5
*1Ritsumeikan Global Innovation Research Organization, Ritsumeikan University, 58 Komatsu-bara Kita-machi, Kitaku, Kyoto 603-8341, Japan
*2Department of Urban Management, Kyoto University, Japan
*3Faculty of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan
*4Department of Civil and Earth Resources Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan
*5Department of Civil Engineering, Institute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
-  R. Bilham and N. Ambraseys, “Apparent Himalayan slip deficit from the summation of seismic moments for Himalayan earthquakes 1500-2000,” Current science, 88 (10), pp. 1658-1663, 2005.
-  Y. Nakamura, “A method for dynamic characteristics estimation of sub-surface using micro-tremors on the ground surface,” Quick Report of Railway Technical Research Institute, 30 (1), pp. 25-33, 1989.
-  Y. Nakamura, “Clear identification of fundamental idea of Nakamura’s technique and its applications,” Proc. of 12th World Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, 2000.
-  H. C. Huang, “Characteristics of earthquake ground motions and the H/V of microtremors in the southwestern part of Taiwan,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 31, pp. 1815-1829, 2002.
-  V. H. Rodriguez and S. Midorikawa, “Applicability of the H/V spectral ratio of microtremors in assessing site effects on seismic motion,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 31, pp. 261-279, 2002.
-  V. H. Rodriguez and S. Midorikawa, “Comparison of spectral ratio techniques for estimation of site effects using microtremor data and earthquake motions recorded at the surface and in boreholes,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, 32, pp. 1691-1714, 2003.
-  S.Molnar, J. F. Cassidy, P. A.Monahan, T. Onur, C. Ventura, and A. Rosenberger, “Earthquake site response studies using microtremor measurements in southwestern British Colombia,” Ninth Canadian Conf. on Earthquake Engineering Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, pp. 26-29, 2007.
-  B. S. J. R. Rana, “Nepal’s Great Earthquake 1934,” Sahayogi Press, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu, 1935 (in Nepali).
-  T. Sato, Y. Nakamura, and J. Saita, “Evaluation of amplification characteristics of subsurface using microtremor and strong motion,” 13th World Conf. on Earthquake Engineering Vancouver, B.C., Canada, Paper No. 862, 2004.
-  M. Bour, D. Fouissac, P. Dominique, and C. Martin, “On the use of microtremor recordings in seismic microzonation,” Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Elsevier Science Ltd, 17, pp. 465-474, 1998.
-  C. Gentile and A. Saisi, “Ambient vibration testing of historic masonry towers for structural identification and damage assessment,” Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier, 21, pp. 1311-1321, 2007.
-  Y. Nakamura, D. E. Gurler, and J. Saita, “Dynamic characteristics of leaning tower of Pisa using microtremor – Preliminary results,” 25th Japan Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, Tokyo, 7, pp. 29-31, 1999.
-  A. Maeda, Y. Sugiura, and T. Hirai, “FEMmodeling of the towers in Bayon temple in Cambodia based on micro-tremor measurements,” Advances in Engineering Software, Elsevier, 39, pp. 346-355, 2008.
-  C. S. Huang, “Structural identification from ambient vibration measurement using the multivariate AR model,” J. of Sound and Vibration, 241(3), pp. 337-359, 2001.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.