Accidental Drop Load Effects on Buried Structures
Mehdi S. Zarghamee and Keng-Wit Lim
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. Engineering Mechanics and Infrastructure Division, 41 Seyon St., Building 1, Suite 500, Waltham, MA 02453, USA
-  Abaqus Version 6.9, Simulia, Dassault Systèmes.
-  American Concrete Institute, “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete,” ACI 318, 2005.
-  American Concrete Institute, “Code Requirements for Nuclear Safety-Related Concrete Structures and Commentary,” ACI 349, 2006.
-  American Water Works Association, “Standard for Thickness Design of Ductile-Iron Pipe,” AWWA C150, 2002.
-  American Water Works Association, “Standard for Design of Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe,” AWWA C304, 2007.
-  American Water Works Association, “Concrete Pressure Pipe,” AWWA Manual M9, 2008.
-  UDP Program, developed by Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. for the American Concrete Pressure Pipe Association, 2007.
-  M. S. Zarghamee and K-L Fok, “Analysis of Prestressed Concrete Pipe Under Combined Loads,” Journal of Structural Engineering. Vol.116, No.7, pp. 2022-2039, 1990.
-  M. S. Zarghamee, K.-W. Lim, and K. Henshaw, “Structural Evaluation of Drop Load Effects on Buried Structures,” 20th International Conference on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology (SMiRT 20), Espoo, Finland, August 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.