Prediction of Floods Caused by Landslide Dam Collapse
Yoshifumi Satofuka*1, Toshio Mori*2, Takahisa Mizuyama*3,
Kiichiro Ogawa*4, and Kousuke Yoshino*5
*1College of Science and Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, Noji-higashi 1-1-1, Kusatsu-city, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
*2Sabo Frontier Foundation, SABO-Kaikan Annex 6F, 2-7-4, Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093, Japan
*3Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Oiwake-cho, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8502, Japan
*4Asia Air Survey Co., Ltd., Manpukuji 1-2-3, Asao-ku, Kawasaki-city, Kanagawa 214-0004, Japan
*5Asia Air Survey Co., Ltd. on loan to Incorporated Administrative Agency, Public Works Research Institute, Minamihara 1-6, Tukuba-city, Ibaraki 305-8516, Japan
-  T. Takahashi and H. Nakagawa, “Flood and debris flow hydrograph due to collapse of a natural dam by overtopping,” Proc. of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol.37, pp. 699-704, 1993 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  J. Takahama, Y. Fujita, K. Hachiya, and K. Yoshino, “Application of two layer simulation model for unifying debris flow and sediment sheet flow and its improvement,” Debris Flow Hazards Mitigation: Mechanics, Prediction, and Assessment, Rickenmann & Chen (Eds.), pp. 515-526, 2003.
-  Y. Satofuka, Y. Yoshino, K. Ogawa, T. Mori, T. Mizuyama, and J. Takahama, “Reproduction of the flood that occurred by outburst of Takaiso-yama landslide dam,” Journal of Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering (JSECE), Vol.59, No.6, pp. 32-37, 2007 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  Y. Satofuka, Y. Yoshino, K. Ogawa, and T. Mizuyama, “Prediction of flood peak discharge at landslide dam outburst,” Journal of Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering (JSECE), Vol.59, No.6, pp. 55-59, 2007 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  H. Takaoka, “Study on erosion and sediment runoff by hyper concentrated flow,” Doctoral thesis, Kyusyu University, pp. 7-23, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  S. Egashira, N. Honda, and T. Itoh, “Experimental Study on the Entrainment of Bed Material into Debris Flow,” Phys. Chem. Earth (C), Vol.26, No.9, pp. 645-650, 2001.
-  S. Egashira, K. Miyamoto, and T. Itoh, “Constitutive equations of debris flow and their applicability,” Proc., 1st Inter. Conf. on Debris-Flow Hazards Mitigation, New York, ASCE, pp. 340-349, 1997.
-  Y. Satofuka, Y. Yoshino, T. Mizuyama, K. Ogawa, T. Uchikawa, and T. Mori, “Prediction of floods caused by landslide dam collapse,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol.51, pp. 901-906, 2007 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  T. Mori, T. Sakaguchi, Y. Sawa, T. Mizuyama, Y. Satofuka, K. Ogawa, N. Usuki, and K. Yoshino, “Method of estimation for flood discharges caused by overflow erosion of landslide dams and its application in as a countermeasure,” Proc. of the INTERPRAEVENT Inter. Symposium on Disaster Mitigation of Debris Flows, Slope Failures and Landslides, 2010 (in printing).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.