Review of Recent Tsunami Observation by Offshore Cabled Observatory
Hiroyuki Matsumoto and Yoshiyuki Kaneda
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC), 2-15 Natsushima, Yokosuka 237-0061, Japan
-  S. Sobolev, A. Babeyko, R. Wang, R. Galas, M. Rothacher, J. Lauterjung, D. Sein, J. Schroter, and C. Subarya, “Towards Real-time Tsunami Amplitude Predition,” EOS Trans. AGU, Vol.87, pp. 374-378, 2006.
-  V. V. Titov, F. I. Gonzalez, E. N. Bernard, M. C. Eble, H. O. Mofjeld, J. C. Newman, and A. J. Venturato, “Real-Time Tsunami Forecasting: Challenges and Solutions,” Natural Hazards, Vol.35, pp. 41-58, 2005.
-  H. Matsumoto and H. Mikada, “Fault Geometry of the 2004 off the Kii Peninsula Earthquake Inferred from Offshore Pressure Waveforms,” Earth Planets Space, Vol.57, pp. 161-166, 2005.
-  T. Kato, Y. Terada, K. Ito, R. Hattori, T. Abe, T. Miyake, S. Koshimura, and T. Nagai, “Tsunami due to the 2004 September 5th off the Kii Peninsula Earthquake, Japan Recorded by a New GPS Buoy,” Earth Plants Space, Vol.57, pp. 279-301, 2005.
-  K. Hirata, M. Aoyagi, H. Mikada, K. Kawaguchi, Y. Kaiho, R. Iwase, S. Morita, I. Fujisawa, H. Sugioka, K. Mitsuzawa, K. Suyehiro, H. Kinoshita, and N. Fujiwara, “Real-Time Geophysical Measurements on the Deep Seafloor Using Submarine Cable in the Southern Kurile Subduction Zone,” IEEE J. Ocean. Eng., Vol.27, pp. 170-181, 2002.
-  U.S. Geological Survey, “Rupture process of the 2006 NOV 15 Magnitude 8.3 — KURIL Island Earthquake (Revised),” http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/eqinthenews/2006/usvcam/ , 2006.
-  R. Hino, Y. Tanioka, T. Kanazawa, S. Sakai, M. Nishino, and K. Suyehiro, “Micro-Tsunami from a Local Interplate Earthquake Detected by Cabled Offshore Tsunami Observation in Northeastern Japan,” Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol.28, pp. 3533-3536, 2001.
-  H. Takayama, “Statiostical Relation Ship between Tsunami Maximum Amplitudes of Offshore and Coastal Stations,” Pap. Meteor. Geophys., Vol.59, pp. 83-95, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  H. Mikada, K. Mitsuzawa, H. Matsumoto, T. Watanabe, S. Morita, R. Otsuka, H. Sugioka, T. Baba, E. Araki, and K. Suyehiro, “New Discoveries in Dynamics of an M8 Earthquake — Phenomena and Their Implications from the 2003 Tokachi-Oki Earthquake Using a Long Term Monitoring Cabled Observatory —,” Tectonophysics, Vol.426, pp. 95-105, 2006.
-  U.S. Geological Survey,
-  T. Watanabe, H. Matsumoto H. Sugioka, H. Mikada, K. Suyehiro, and R. Otsuka, “Offshore Monitoring System Records Recent Earthquake off Japan’s Northernmost Island,” EOS Trans.AGU, Vol.85, p. 14, 2004.
-  Y. Okada, “Surface Deformation Due to Shear and Tensile Faults in a Half-Space,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.75, pp. 1135-1154, 1985.
-  British Oceanographic Data Centre, “The Centerary Edition of the GEBCO Digital Atlas (CD-ROM),” 1997.
-  T. Ohmachi, H. Tsukiyama, and H. Matsumoto, “Simulation of Tsunami Induced by Dynamic Displacement of Seabed Due to Seismic Faulting,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.91, pp. 1898-1909, 2001.
-  P. Wessel and W. H. F. Smith, “New Version of the Generic Mapping Tools Released,” EOS Trans. AGU, Vol.76, p. 329, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.