A Multiphysics Multiscale 3-D Computational Wave Basin Model for Wave Impact Load on a Cylindrical Structure
Solomon C. Yim and Wenbin Zhang
Ocean Engineering Program Oregon State University Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
-  T. Belytschko, D. F. Flanagran, and J. M. Kennedy, “Finite Element Method with User-Controlled Meshes for Fluid-Structure Interactions,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol.33, pp. 689-723, 1982.
-  D. Benson, “An Efficient Accurate, Simple ALE Method for Non Linear Finite Element Programs,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol.33, pp. 689-723, 1989.
-  R. G. Dean and R. A. Dalrymple, “Water Wave Mechanics for Engineers and Scientists,” Advanced Series on Ocean Engineering, Vol.2, Prentice-Hall, 1984.
-  J. Donea, J. Ponthot, A. Rodriguez-Ferran, and A. Huerta, “Arbitrary Lagrangian—Eulerian Methods,” Encyclopedia of Computational Mechanics, Vol.3, Wiley, 2004.
-  J. O. Hallquist, “Simplified Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian,” LS-DYNA Theory Manual, pp. 215-242, 2006.
-  C. W. Hirt, A. A. Amsdern, and H. K. Cook, “An Arbitrary Eulerian Lagrangian Method for All Flow Speeds,” J. Comput. Phys, Vol.14, pp. 229-253, 1974.
-  S. A. Hughes, “Physical models and Laboratory techniques in Coastal Engineering,” Advanced Series on Ocean Engineering, Vol.7, World Scientific, 2005.
-  T. J. R. Hughes, W. K. Liu, and T. K. Zimmermann, “Lagrangian-Eulerian Finite Element Formulation for Incompressible Viscous Flows,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol.29, pp. 329-349, 1981.
-  J. K. Jung, “Using a Finite-Element Based Software LS-DYNA for Modeling and Simulation of Nonlinear Contact/Impact Structural and Fluid Mechanics Problems,” Masters Project, Corvallis, OR, Oregon State University, 2006.
-  Y. Lin, “Performance Evaluation on the ALE Formulation in MPP LS-DYNA,” 7th International LS-DYNA Users Conference, 2002.
-  W. K. Liu and A. Huerta, “Viscous Flows for Large Free Surface Motion,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol.69, pp. 277-324, 1988.
-  Livermore Software Technology Corporation (LSTC), “LS-DYNA Keyword User’s Manual,” Vol.1 Version 971, 2007.
-  W. Mo, K. Irschik, H. Oumeraci, and P. L. Liu, “A 3D Numerical Model for Computing Non-breaking Wave Forces on Slender Piles,” Journal of Engineering Mathematics, Vol.58, pp. 19-30, 2006.
-  A. Nicolas, “ALE Modeling of Surface Waves,” 6th European LS-DYNA Users’ Conference, 2007.
-  W. F. Noh, “A Time Dependent Two Space Dimensional Coupled Eulerian Lagrangian Code,” Fundamental Methods in Hydrodynamics, Academic Press, New York, Vol.3, pp. 117-179, 1964.
-  M. Souli, L. Olovsson, and I. Do, “ALE and Fluid-Structure Interaction Capabilities in LS-DYNA,” 7th International LS-DYNA Users Conference, 2002.
-  I. Stenius and A. Rosen, “FE-Modelling of Hydrodynamic Hull-Water Impact Loads,” 6th European LS-DYNA Users’ Conference, 2007.
-  S. Tokura and T. Ida, “Simulation of Wave-Dissipating Mechanism on Submerged Structure using Fluid-Structure Coupling Capability in LS-DYNA,” 5th European LS-DYNA Users Conference, 2005.
-  J. Wang and H. Chen, “Fluid Structure Interaction for Immersed Bodies,” 6th European LS-DYNA Users’ Conference, 2007.
-  P. Watts, M. Iouslalen, S. Grilli, M. ASCE, F. Shi, and J. T. Kirby, “Numerical Simulation of the December 26, 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami using a Higher-order Boussinesq Model,” Fifth International Symposium WAVES 2005, 3rd — 7th, July, 2005, Madrid, Spain, 221, 2005.
-  W. Zhang, “An Experimental Study and a Three-Dimensional Numerical Wave Basin Model of Solitary Wave Impact on A Vertical Cylinder,” MS Thesis, Ocean Engineering Program, Oregon State University, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.