Real-Time Ground Motion Forecasting Using Front-Site Waveform Data Based on Artificial Neural Network
H. Serdar Kuyuk* and Masato Motosaka**
*Department of Civil Engineering, Sakarya University, Turkey (Formerly, Disaster Control Research Center, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University)
**Disaster Control Research Center, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, 6-6-11-1102 Aobayama, Sendai 980-8579, Japan
-  H. Kanamori, “On-site Earthquake Early Warning,” 2nd Symposium on the real-time earthquake information transmission system, pp. 14-16, 2003.
-  S. Horiuchi, H. Negishi, K. Abe, A. Kamimura, and Y. Fujinawa, “An Automatic Processing System for Broadcasting Earthquake Alarm,” BSSA Vol.95, pp. 708-718, 2005.
-  Y. Nakamura, “The system development for the preparation against the unpredictable earthquake disaster,” Future Material, pp. 71-74, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  M. Wieland, M. Griesser, and C. Kuendig, “Seismic Early Warning System for a Nuclear Power Plant,” 12th World Conf. on Earthquake Engineering 2000.
-  K. Doi, “Earthquake Early Warning in Japan –Provision to the General Public and its Results–,” 14th Word Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, CD-ROM No.S03-05-017, 2008.
-  M. Motosaka, M. Homma, H. S. Kuyuk, and F. Arrecis, “Development of an Integrated Early Warning and Structural Monitoring System to Real Time Earthquake Information,” AIJ. Technol Des. Vol.14, No.28, pp. 669-674, 2008 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  I. Nagashima, C. Yoshimura, Y. Uchiyama, R. Maseki, and T. Itoi, “Real-Time Prediction of Earthquake Ground Motion Using Empirical Transfer Function,” 14th Word Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, S02-023, 2008.
-  H. S. Kuyuk, M. Motosaka, and M. Homma, “Forecasting Parameters of Earthquake Groud Motion Using Regional and National Earthquake Early Warning Systems with Artificial Neural Network for Miyagi-Oki Earthquakes,” Int. Conf. on Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Mitigation 2008.
-  H. S. Kuyuk and M. Motosaka, “Real-Time Ground Motion Prediction Using Artificial Neural Network for Earthquake Early Warning System,” Proc. 6th Annual Meeting of JAEE, pp. 200-201, 2008.
-  H. SI, and S. Midorikawa, “New attenuation relationships for peak ground acceleration and velocity considering effects of fault type and site condition,” J. Struct. Eng., AIJ, No.523, pp. 63-70, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  J. H. Garret, “Where and why artificial neural networks are applicable in civil engineering,” ASCE, J Comp Civ Engng
-  [special issue] 8(2): 129-30, 1994.
-  K. Kanda, “Study on Earthquake Early Warning System with Self Learning Function Using Neural Networks,” Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering (Transaction of AIJ), No.498, pp. 59-66, 1997 (in Japanese).
-  H. S. Kuyuk and Motosaka, “Spectral Forecasting of Earthquake Ground Motion using Regional and National EEWS for Advanced Engineering Application against Approaching Miyagi-ken Oki Earthquakes,” 14th World Conf. on Earthquake Engineering, Beijing, China, CD-ROM: No. S05-03-013, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.