Prediction of Strong Ground Motion and Building Damage in Urban Areas and Development of a Disaster Mitigation Strategy
Nobuo Fukuwa*, Jun Tobita*, Masafumi Mori*, and Hiroto Takahashi**
*Graduate School of Environmental Studies, Nagoya University, Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya 464-8601, Japan
**OYO Corporation, Chubu Branch, 2-907 Sekohigashi, Moriyama-ku, Nagoya 463-8541, Japan
-  H. Takahashi, N. Fukuwa, H. Senga, K. Hayashi, M. Mori, and J. Tobita, “Strong ground motion prediction by using new analysis method named ‘Pseudo empirical Green’s function procedure’,” Proceedings of 14th world conference of earthquake engineering, Beijing, 2008 (DVD-ROM).
-  R. W. Graves, “Simulating seismic wave propagation in 3D elastic media using staggered-grid finite differences,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.86, pp. 1091-1106, 1996.
-  D. M. Boore, “Stochastic simulation of high frequency ground motions based on seismological models of the radiated spectra,” Bull. Seism. Soc. Am., Vol.73, pp. 1865-1894, 1983.
-  K. Irikura, “Prediction of acceleration motions using empirical Green’s function,” Proc. 7th Japan Earthq. Eng. Symp., pp. 151-156, 1986.
-  J. Tobita, H. Kojima, and N. Fukuwa, “Web Based Online Monitoring and Database Systems for Dynamic Response of Structures and Ground,” Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Advances in Experimental Structural Engineering, pp. 703-710, Nagoya, 2005.
-  Aichi Prefecture, “Report of the investigation of subsurface structure about the Mikawa basin,” 2005 (in Japanese).
-  H. Takahashi and N. Fukuwa, “Proposal and verification of modeling of the surface layers for strong motion prediction,” J. Struct. Constr. Eng. AIJ., No.599, pp. 51-59, 2006 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  N. Fukuwa and X. Wen, “An Efficient Soil Structure Interaction Analysis Method of a Large Scale Pile Group,” Fourth US-Japan Workshop on Soil Structure Interaction, Tsukuba, 2007 (DVD-ROM).
-  M. Mori, N. Fukuwa, and X. Wen, “Evaluation of a large scale pile group for a nonlinear earthquake response analysis of pile-supported building by using frame models,” Fourth US-Japan Workshop on Soil Structure Interaction, Tsukuba, 2007 (DVD-ROM).
-  N. Fukuwa and J. Tobita, “Key Parameters Governing the Dynamic Response of Long-Period Structures,” Journal of Seismology, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 295-306, 2008.
-  T. Nagae, Y. Chung, Y. Shimada, K. Fukuyama, K. Kajiwara, T. Inoue, M. Nakashima, T. Saito, H. Kitamura, N.Fukuwa, and T. Hitaka, “Construction of Large Scale Test System to Assess Seismic Performance of High-rise Building - E-Defense Shaking Table Test -,” J. Struct. Constr. Eng. AIJ., 2009.6 (to be published, in Japanese with English abstract).
-  Y. Shirase, S. Takeo, Y. Hiramatsu, N. Fukuwa, and J. Miyakoshi, “A Study on Prediction of Damage Ratio of Low-rise RC School Buildings due to Earthquake Based on Seismic Performance Index," J. Struct. Constr. Eng. AIJ., No.607, pp. 63-71, 2006 (in Japanese with English abstract).
-  J. Tobita, N. Fukuwa, M. Mori, H. Sakaue, H. Takahashi, and T. Hanai, “WebGIS Simulator for Promotion of Seismic Retrofitting and Community Disaster Mitigation Activities,” Proceedings of 14th World Conference of Earthquake Engineering, Beijing, 2008 (DVD-ROM).
-  N. Fukuwa, J. Tobita, M. Mori, E. Koide, and T. Hanai, “Developement of Vibration Experiment Education Material for Structural and Soil Dynamics, Proceedings of 14th World Conference of Earthquake Engineering,” Beijing, 2008 (DVD-ROM).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.