Participatory Risk Communication Method for Risk Governance Using Disaster Risk Scenarios
Toshinari Nagasaka, Hiroaki Tsubokawa, Yuichiro Usuda,
Shingo Nagamatsu, Shinya Miura, and Saburo Ikeda
Disaster Prevention System Research Center, National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, 3-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0006, Japan
-  U. Beck, “Risk Society: Towards a New Modernity,” Saga Publications, 1992.
-  A. Giddens, “Runaway World: How Globalization is Reshaping Our lives,” Profile Books, 1999.
-  T. McDaniels and M. Small (Eds.), “Risk Analysis and Society: An Interdisciplinary Characterization of the Field,” Cambridge University Press, 2004.
-  IRGC, “White Paper on Risk Governance,” International Risk Governance Council, 2005.
-  O. Renn, “Risk Governnance; Coping with Uncertainty in a Complex world,” Earthscan, 2008.
-  S. Goldsmith and W. D. Eggers, “Governing by Network: The New Shape of the Public Sector,” Brookings Institution Press, 2004.
-  C. Lyall and J. Tait (Eds.), “New Modes of Governance,” Ashgate Publishing, 2005.
-  K. Nitagai, et al., “Ekkyousuru toshi to gavanansu,” Hosei university Press, pp. 87-111, 2006 (in Japanese).
-  K. Miyakawa, et al., “Public Governance – Kaikakuto Senryaku,” Nihonkeizai hyoronsha, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  S. Ikeda, “Risk Society and Planning Approach: toward societal governance on technological and environmental risks,” J. of Planning Administration, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 3-11, 2004 (in Japanese).
-  S. Ikeda, T. Sato, and T. Fukuzono, “Towards an integrated management framework for emerging disaster risks in Japan,” Natural Hazards, 2008.
-  J. Oyane, “Community bosai no aratana tenkaini kansuru ichikosatsu,” Information and Society, Vol.9, pp. 237-249, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  Hyogo prefectural government, “History of the Recover from the 1995 Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake,” 1997 (in Japanese).
-  W. Kurata, “Bosai Fukushi Community,” Minerva Publishing, 1999 (in Japanese).
-  S. Nagamatsu, “Gensai seisakuron nyumon,” Kobundo Publishing, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  T. Nagasaka and S. Ikeda, “Strategy and Methodology for Disaster Risk Governance,” Japanese Journal of Risk Analysis, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 13-23, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Usuda, T. Nagasaka, S. Okada, A. Amano, and H. Fujiwara, “Disaster Risk Information Platform for Risk Governance,” Proceedings of the SRA-Japan Annual Conference, Vol.21, Nov. 29-30, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  S. Miura, H. Tsubokawa, T. Nagasaka, S. Nagamatsu, and S. Ikeda, “Disaster risk governance in Kashiwazaki City, in case of Chuetsu-Oki Earthquake, 2007: From the viewpoint of community policy and local potency,” Proceedings of the SRA-Japan Annual Conference, Vol.21, Nov. 29-30, 2008 (in Japanese).
-  R. C. Schank, “Tell me a story new look at real and artificial memory,” John Brockman Associates, Inc., New York, 1990.
-  H. Tsubokawa, T. Nagasaka, and Y. Usuda, “An Experiment on Evacuation Shelter Management Using Disaster Risk Scenario – A Study of Risk Communication intended to reorganize the Structure for Disaster Risk Governance –,” Journal of the Institute of Social Safety Science, No.10. 2008 (in Japanese).
-  V. A. Pestoff, “Beyond the Market and State-Social Enterprise & Civil Democracy in a Welfare Society,” Ashgate Publishing, 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.