Impacts of Recent Climate Change on Flood Disaster and Preventive Measures
Hideo Oshikawa*, Akihiro Hashimoto*, Kenichi Tsukahara**,
and Toshimitsu Komatsu*
*Department of Urban and Environmental Engineering, Kyushu University, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka 819-0395, Japan
**Foundation for Riverfront Improvement and Restoration, 1-8 Ichibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0082, Japan
-  IPCC Fourth Assessment Report (AR4), February, 2007.
-  P. J.Webster, G. J. Holland, J. A. Curry, and H.-R. Chang, “Changes in Tropical Cyclone Number, Duration, and Intensity in a Warming Environment,” Science, Vol.309, pp. 1844-1846. 2005.
-  Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc., “Data on the Field Observations of the mountainside in the Mimi River Basin (from September 20 to 24),” October 6, 2005a (in Japanese).
-  SABO Publicity Center, “Sediment disasters occurring everywhere by the Typhoon 0514,” October 17, 2005 (in Japanese).
-  K. Inoue, T. Mori, T. Itou, and Y. Kabeyama, “Outbursts and disasters of Takaisoyama and Hose Landslide dams (1892) in East Shikoku,” Journal of the Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering, Vol.58, No.4, pp. 3-12 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Taniguchi, T. Uchida, H. Omura, H. Ochiai, M. Kaibori, T. Kubota, K. Sasahara, T. Jitousono, O. Shimizu, E. Shimokawa, H. Terada, Y. Teramoto, H. Hiura, and S. Yoshida, “Sediment disasters caused by typhoon Nabi (T0514) in September, 2005,” Journal of the Japan Society of Erosion Control Engineering, Vol.58, No.4, pp. 46-53. 2005 (in Japanese).
-  Y. Satofuka, K. Yoshino, T. Mizuyama, K. Ogawa, T. Uchikawa, and T. Mori, “Prediction of floods caused by landslide dam collapse,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol.51, pp. 901-906. 2007(in Japanese).
-  R. B. Jansen, “Dams and Public Safety,” U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, Water and Power Resources Service. 1980.
-  Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc., “A catalogue of the maximum flow intake and the maximum outflow discharge of the dams in the Mimi River Basin,” personal communication. 2005b (in Japanese).
-  K. Hasegawa, T. Araya, T. Ogawa, S. Kikuchi, M. Kuroki, T. Komatsu, H. Saga, Y. Shimizu, O. Shimizu, H. Suzuki, Y. Suzuki, G. Tanaka, H. Tanaka, S. Tohma, M. Nakatsugawa, S. Hatta, Y. Murakami, T. Yamashita, T. Yamada, Y. Watanabe, Y. Watanabe, and M. Fujita, “An Outline of Heavy Rainfall Disasters in Hidaka Region, Hokkaido, by Tyhoon No. 10, 2003,” Annual Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, JSCE, Vol.49 (1), pp. 427-432. 2005 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.