Past Evaluation and Future Projection of Sea Level Rise Related to Climate Change Around Japan
Sin-Iti Iwasaki, Wataru Sasaki, and Tomonori Matsuura
Storm, Flood and Landslide Research Department, National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention, 3-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0006, Japan
-  Panel on Storm Surge Control Measures in Areas below Sea Level, “Future Storm Surge Control Measures in Areas below Sea Level,” p.17, 2006.
-  IPCC, “Climate Change 2001, Synthesis Report,” Cambridge University Press, 2001.
-  J. M. Gregory and J. Oerlemans, “Simulated future sea-level rise due to glacier melt based on regionally and seasonally resolved temperature change,” Nature, 391, pp. 474-476, 1998.
-  J. E. Hansen, “Scientific reticence and sea level rise,” Environ. Res. Lett., 2, 2007.
-  W. Munk, “Twentieth centuary sea level: An enigma,” PNAS, 99, pp. 6550-6555, 2002.
-  S. Levitus, J. I. Antonov, J.Wang, T. L. Delworth, K.W. Dixon, and A. J. Broccoli, “Anthropogenic warming of earth’s climate system,” Science, 292, pp. 267-270, 2001.
-  A. Sumi, “Simulation of global worming using high-resolution atmosphere ocean coupled model,” “How far is the global worming solved?,” K. Koike (Ed.), 2006 (in Japanese).
-  J. Yoshimura and K. Oouchi, “Global worming and tropical storms — Simulations using general circulation models,” “Water-related disasters, climate variability and change; results of tropical storms in East Asia,” T. Matsuura and R. Kawamura (Eds.), Transworld Research Network, 2007.
-  W. Sasaki and S. I. Iwasaki, “Wave climate change in the western North Pacific for summer — From past to future,” Water-related disasters, climate variability and change; results of tropical storms in East Asia, ed. T. Matsuura and R. Kawamura, Transworld Research Network, 2007.
-  Japan Meteorological Agency, “First Chapter, Long-term change of oceans on the global worming, 1.2: Sea Level,” 2006 (in Japanese).
-  S.-I. Iwasaki, T. Matsuura, and I. Watabe, “The relation between the trend of sea level excluding the effect of crustal movement and sea surface temperature around Honshu,” Ocean Research, 11, pp. 529-542, 2002 (in Japanese).
-  J. M. Gregory, H. T. Banks, P. A. Stott, J. A. Lows, and M. D. Palmer, “Simulated and observed decadal variability in ocean heat content,” Geophys. Res. Lett. 31, L15312, 2004.
-  M. Ishii, M. Kimoto, K. Sakamoto, and S.-I. Iwasaki, “Steric sea level changes estimated from historical ocean subsurface temperature and salinity analysis,” J. Oceanogr, 2006.
-  T. Yasuda and K. Sakurai, “Interdecadal variability of the sea surface height around Japan,” Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L01605, 2006.
-  C. Cabanes, A. Cazenave, and C. Le-Provost, “Sea level rise during past 40 years determined from Satellite and in Situ observations,” Science, 294, pp. 840-842, 2001.
-  T. Kato and K. Tsumura, “Vertical land movement in Japan as deduced from Tidal record (1951-1978),” Bull. E.R.I., Vol.54, pp. 559-628, 1979 (in Japanese).
-  S. J. Worley, S. D. Woodruff, R. W. Reynolds, S. J. Lubker, and N. Lott, “ICOADS Release 2.1 data and products,” Int. J. Climatol. (CLIMAR-II Special Issue), 25, pp. 823-842 (DOI: 10.1002/joc.1166), 2005.
-  M. Ishii, A. Shoji, S. Sugimoto, and T. Matsuumoto, “Objective analyses of sea-surface temperature and marine meteorological variables for 20th Century using ICOADS and the Kobe collection,” Int. J. Climatol., 25, pp. 865-879, 2005.
-  T. M. Smith and R. W. Reynolds, “Improved Extended Reconstruction of SST (1854-1997),” J. Climate, 17, pp. 2466-2477, 2004.
-  J. C. Fyfe and O. A. Saenko, “Human-induced change in the Antarctic Circumpolar Current,” J. Climate, 18, pp. 3068-3073, 2005.
-  Y. Maruyama, “Global worming prediction and energy environmental policy,” “How far is the global worming solved?,” K. Koike (Ed.), 2006 (in Japanese).
-  H. Tanaka, N. Ishizaki, and N. Nohara, “Intercomparison of the intensities and trends of Hadley, Walker and Monsoon circulation in the global warming predictions,” SOLA., 2005 (submitted).
-  H. Ueda, A. Iwai, K. Kuwako, and M. Hori, “Impact of anthropogenic forcing on the Asian summer monsoon as revealed by simulated 8 GCMs,” Geophys. Res. Lett., 2005 (submitted).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.