Numerical Simulations of Heavy Rainfalls by a Global Cloud-Resolving Model
*Center for Climate System Research, University of Tokyo, 5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa-shi, Chiba 277-8568, Japan
**Frontier Research Center for Global Change, JAMSTEC, 3173-25 Showa-machi, Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 236-0001, Japan
-  P. Wu, M. Hara, H. Fudeyasu, M. D. Yamanaka, and J. Matsumoto, “The impact of trans-equatorial monsoon flow on the formation of repeated terrential rains over Java island,” SOLA, 3, 93-96, doi:10.2151/sola.2007-024. 2007.
-  Malaysian Meteorological Department, “Report on heavy rainfall that caused floods in Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan and Pahang during the period 17th-20th December 2006,” Research Division, Malaysian Meteorological Department, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovasion, 21st December 2006.
-  Malaysian Meteorological Department, “Report on the second heavy rainfall episode that caused floods in Johor and southern Pahang during the period 11-14 January 2007,” Research Division, Malaysian Meteorological Department, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovasion, 16 January 2007.
-  C.-P. Chang, C.-H. Liu, and H.-C. Kuo, “Typhoon Vamei: An Equatorial Tropical Cyclone Formation,” Geophys. Res. Lett., 30, 1150, doi:10.1029/2002GL016365, 2003.
-  J. M. Wallace and D. S. Gutzler, “Teleconnections in the Geopotential Height Field during the Northern Hemisphere Winter,” Mon. Wea. Rev., 109, pp. 784-812, 1981.
-  M. Satoh, T. Matsuno, H. Tomita, H. Miura, T. Nasuno, and S. Iga, “Nonhydrostatic Icosahedral Atmospheric Model (NICAM) for global cloud resolving simulations,” J. Comp. Phys., 227, pp. 3486-3514, doi:10.1016/j.jcp.2007.02.006, 2008.
-  R. A. Kerr, “Sharpening up models for a better view of the atmosphere,” Science, 313, p. 1040, doi:10.1126/ science.313.5790.1040, 2006.
-  H. Miura, M. Satoh, H. Tomita, T. Nasuno, S. Iga, and A. T. Noda, “A short-duration global cloud-resolving simulation with a realistic land and sea distribution,” Geophys. Res. Lett., 34, L02804, doi:10.1029/2006GL027448, 2007.
-  H. Miura, M. Satoh, T. Nasuno, A. T. Noda, and K. Oouchi, “An Madden-Julian Oscillation event realistically simulated by a global cloud-resolving model,” Science, 318, pp. 1763-1765, 2007.
-  T. Inoue, M. Satoh, H. Miura, and B. Mapes, “Characteristics of cloud size of deep convection simulated by a global cloud resolving model,” J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 2008, accepted.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.