Consensus Sliding-Mode Fault-Tolerant Control for Second-Order Multi-Agent Systems
Xukai Hu*, Pu Yang*,, Ben Ma**, Zhiqing Zhang*, and Zixin Wang*
*School of Automation, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
29 Jiangjun Road, Nanjing, Jiangsu 211106, China
**Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
101 Ruanjian Avenue, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210012, China
This study investigates the consensus problem of second-order nonlinear multi-agent systems (MASs) with actuator faults via a sliding mode control approach. The consensus error dynamic is given based on the relative states of the neighbors. Then, a sliding mode surface based on consensus errors is proposed, and the asymptotic stability of the sliding mode is proved using the Lyapunov theory. Furthermore, a sliding-mode fault-tolerant consensus protocol is proposed to compensate for actuator faults. According to the sliding mode control theory, the proposed sliding-mode fault-tolerant controller ensures that the consensus of the MASs can be reached in a finite time. Finally, a simulation example of a second-order multi-robot system is presented to demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed controller.
-  A. Abdessameud and A. Tayebi, “Formation control of VTOL unmanned aerial vehicles with communication delays,” Automatica, Vol.47, No.11, pp. 2383-2394, 2011.
-  W. Ren, “Distributed Consensus Algorithms and Their Applications in Multi-vehicle Cooperative Control,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation, pp. 38-39, 2007.
-  X. Wang and G.-H. Yang, “Distributed reliable H∞ consensus control for a class of multi-agent systems under switching networks: A topology-based average dwell time approach,” Int. J. of Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol.26, No.13, pp. 2767-2787, 2016.
-  D. Ye, L. Su, J.-L. Wang, and Y.-N. Pan, “Adaptive reliable H∞ optimization control for linear systems with time-varying actuator fault and delays,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, Vol.47, No.7, pp. 1635-1643, 2017.
-  K. Peng and Y. Yang, “Leader-following consensus problem with a varying-velocity leader and time-varying delays,” Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Vol.388, No.2, pp. 193-208, 2009.
-  Y. Hong, G. Cheng, and L. Bushnell, “Technical communique: Distributed observers design for leader-following control of multi-agent networks,” Automatica, Vol.44, No.3, pp. 846-850, 2017.
-  S. Khoo, L. Xie, and Z. Man, “Robust finite-time consensus tracking algorithm for multirobot systems,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 219-228, 2009.
-  X. Li, X. Luo, S. Li, J. Li, and X. Guan, “Consensus of second-order nonlinear multi-agent systems via sliding mode observer and controller,” J. of Systems Engineering and Electronics, Vol.28, No.4, pp. 756-765, 2017.
-  D. Zhao, T. Zou, S. Li, and Q. Zhu, “Adaptive backstepping sliding mode control for leader-follower multi-agent systems,” IET Control Theory and Applications, Vol.6, No.8, pp. 1109-1117, 2012.
-  S. Yu and X. Long, “Finite-time consensus for second-order multi-agent systems with disturbances by integral sliding mode,” Automatica, Vol.54, pp. 158-165, 2015.
-  L. Dong, S. Chai, B. Zhang, and S. K. Nguang, “Sliding mode control for multi-agent systems under a time-varying topology,” Int. J. of Systems Science, Vol.47, No.9, pp. 2193-2200, 2016.
-  Y. Niu and X. Wang, “Sliding mode control design for uncertain delay systems with partial actuator degradation,” Int. J. of Systems Science, Vol.40, Issue 4, doi: 10.1080/00207720802436265, 2009.
-  Z. Wang, Q. Li, and S. Li, “Adaptive integral-type terminal sliding mode fault tolerant control for spacecraft attitude tracking,” IEEE Access, Vol.7, pp. 35195-35207, 2019.
-  F. Ejaz, M. T. Hamayun, S. Hussain et al., “An adaptive sliding mode actuator fault tolerant control scheme for octorotor system,” Int. J. of Advanced Robotic Systems, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 1-12, 2019.
-  L. H. Hao, J. Park, and D. Ye, “Fuzzy logic systems-based integral sliding mode fault-tolerant control for a class of uncertain non-linear systems,” IET Control Theory and Applications, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 300-311, 2016.
-  Z.-G. Hou, L. Cheng, and M. Tan, “Decentralized robust adaptive control for the multiagent system consensus problem using neural networks,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, Vol.39, No.3, pp. 636-647, 2009.
-  S. P. Bhat and D. S. Bernstein, “Finite-time stability of continuous autonomous systems,” SIAM J. on Control and Optimization, Vol.38, Issue 3, doi: 10.1137/S0363012997321358, 2000.
-  M. P. Aghababa, S. Khanmohammad, and G. Alizadeh, “Finite-time synchronization of two different chaotic systems with unknown parameters via sliding mode technique,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol.35, No.6, pp. 3080-3091, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.