Proposing an Online Testing Method for Gradual Migration of Information and Control System
Junichi Toyouchi*, Kojin Yano*, and Takao Terano**
*Yokohama Research Laboratory, Hitachi, Ltd.
292 Yoshida-cho, Totsuka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 244-0817, Japan
**Tokyo Institute of Technology
4259 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226-8503, Japan
To respond to changes in the requirements of the information and control system, it is necessary to rebuild the system with new functions and/or systems with a different architecture. In this paper, we propose a method that enables on-site technicians to perform step-wise migration from a legacy system to a target system without having to stop the whole system and without requiring advance preparation or support from a system engineer who is an expert in system design and development. Accordingly, we aimed to develop a technology for the coexistence of and cooperation between with target and legacy systems and cooperation test between heterogeneous systems. We implemented this method and evaluated its effectiveness by applying it for rebuilding a production line management system.
-  R. Brisky, “@SIMATIC S5 to S7 Migration [White Paper],” SIEMENS, March 2006, https://www.siemens.com/content/dam/webassetpool/mam/tag-siemens-com/smdb/regions/japan/di/customer-service/s5/5-simatic-s5-s7-renewal-manual-en.pdf [accessed December 21, 2018]
-  Migration Profile, PLC-5 Controllers and 1771 I/O to ControlLogix, Allen-Bradley Rockwell Software, January 2016, https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pp/migrat-pp003_-en-e.pdf [accessed December 21, 2018]
-  A. Cala, A. Luder, A. Cachada, F. Pires, J. Barbosa, P. Leitao, and M. Gepp, “Migration from Traditional towards Cyber-Physical Production Systems,” 15th Int. Conf. on IEEE Industrial Informatics (INDIN), pp. 1147-1152, 2017.
-  H. Mimori, “The Last Difficalty: System Magration” NIKKEI SYSTEMS, May 2007 Issue (in Japanese).
-  J. Delsing, F. Rosenqvist, O. Carlsson, A. W. Colombo, and T. Bangemann, “Migration of Industrial Process Control Systems into Service Oriented Architecture,” 38th Annual Conf. on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON), pp. 5786-5792, 2012.
-  K. Kawano, K. Mori, and M. Koizumi, “A Fault Tolerant Decentralized Control System ensured by Autonomous Controllability,” the 10th World Congress on Automatic Control (IFAC), Vol.VII, pp. 137-142, 1987.
-  K. Kawano, M. Orimo, and K. Mori, “Autonomous Decentralized System Test Technique,” in Proc. of the 13th Annual Int. Computer Software & Application Conf. (COMPSAC), pp. 52-57, 1989.
-  H. Yamamoto, A. Yoshizawa, K. Kawano, K. Mori, K. Oshima, and T. Kawamura, “On-line Software Test Technique based on Autonomous Decentralized System Concept,” Proc. of the 4th Workshop on Future Trend of Distributed Computer Systems (FTDCS), pp. 291-296, 1993.
-  H. Yamamoto and H. Kato, “Platform for Cooperating among Field Systems, Control Systems and Enterprise Systems,” 10th Int. Symp. on Autonomous Decentralized Systems (ISADS), pp. 164-171, 2011.
-  K. Mori, H. Ihara, Y. Suzuki, K. Kawano, M. Koizumi, M. Orimo, K. Nakai, and H. Nakanishi, “Autonomous Decentralized Software Structure and Its application,” ACM Fall Joint Computer Conf., pp. 1056-1062, 1986.
-  H. Wataya and K. Kawano, “The Cooperative Autonomous Decentralized System Architecture,” the 2nd Int. Symp. on Autonomous Decentralized System (ISADS), pp. 40-47, 1995.
-  M. Omura and M. Oku, “Hi-Cell Architecture Model for Manufacturing Systems,” the 2nd Int. Symp. on Autonomous Decentralized System (ISADS), pp. 154-161, 1995.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.