Localization of Substation Fittings Based on a Stereo Vision Method
Tao Wang*, Xin Chen**,, Chang Tan**, and Hao Fu**
*State Grid Hubei Electric Power Research Institute
No.175 Xudong Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
**School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
No.388 Lumo Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
We propose a novel stereo vision method based on a fast template matching strategy to improve localization accuracy and efficiency of substation fittings. First, considering the salient features of the substation fittings that can be recognized easily, the method searches for features that are similar to the ones in the matching template related to the sub-image of the substation fittings from the global image. When the substation fittings are confirmed, the method repeatedly searches for the one of screw holes in the local region of the substation fittings. It then computes the centering coordinates of the template in the source images until the screw holes are matched. The experimental results show that the proposed template matching method increases the accuracy and efficiency of the substation fitting localization from the global to local search area. Correspondingly, the accuracy and efficiency of stereo vision localization of substation fittings is improved.
-  D. Liang, Y. Su, Z. Liu, and S. Liu, “An integrated power grid equipment operation and maintenance solution based on big data, cloud computing, the internet of things and mobile internet,” Automation, Control and Intelligent Systems, Vol.5, No.5, pp. 67-72, 2017.
-  H. Wang, B. Zhou, and X. Zhang, “Research on the remote maintenance system architecture for the rapid development of smart substation in china,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, DOI: 10.1109/TPWRD.2017.2757939, 2017.
-  Y. Zhang, Y. Zhang, F. Wen, C. Y. Chung, C. L. Tseng, X. Zhang, F. Zeng, and Y. Yuan, “A fuzzy Petri net based approach for fault diagnosis in power systems considering temporal constraints,” Int. J. of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol.78, pp. 215-224, 2016.
-  M. R. Pedersen, L. Nalpantidis, R. S. Andersen et al., “Robot skills for manufacturing: From concept to industrial deployment,” Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, Vol.37, pp. 282-291, 2016.
-  L. Perez, I. Rodriguez, N. Rodriguez, R. Usamentiaga, and D. F. Garcia, “Robot guidance using machine vision techniques in industrial environments: A comparative review,” Sensors, Vol.16, No.3, p. 335, 2016.
-  K. Zhou et al., “Mobile manipulator is coming to aerospace manufacturing industry,” 2014 IEEE Int. Symp. on Robotic and Sensors Environments, pp. 94-99, 2014.
-  S. Bhat and M. Meenakshi, “Vision and embedded system based military robot path planning,” Int. J. of Computer Applications, Vol.148, No.5, 2016.
-  S. Haddadin, A. D. Luca, and A. Albu-Schaffer, “Robot collisions: A survey on detection, isolation, and identification,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics, Vol.33, No.6, pp. 1292-1312, 2017.
-  S. Chen, Y. Li, and N. M. Kwok, “Active vision in robotic systems: A survey of recent developments,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.30, No.11, pp. 1343-1377, 2011.
-  G. Wu, S. Liu, R. Huang, X. Zhang, Z. Wang, Y. Zhang, and J. Li, “Robot control system for live maintenance of substation equipment,” 2017 2nd Int. Conf. on Mechanical, Control and Computer Engineering, pp. 50-52, 2017.
-  Y. Han, S. Mu, S. Lu, Z. Wang, J. Li, J. Li, and J. Zhao, “The remote control terminal for electric maintenance robot in substation,” Applied Robotics for the Power Industry (CARPI), 4th Int. Conf. on Applied Robotics for the Power Industry, pp. 1-4, 2016.
-  W. Liu, S. Zhang, and S. Fan, “A visual navigation method of substation inspection robot,” 2016 Int. Conf. on Progress in Informatics and Computing, pp. 148-153, 2016.
-  H. Wang, Z. Ren, J. Li, J. Lv, and G. Tang, “Ultrasonic detection device design based on substation intelligent inspection robot,” 4th Int. Conf. on Applied Robotics for the Power Industry, pp. 1-4, 2016.
-  X. Zhao, Z. Liu, Y. Liu, B. Zhang, J. Sui, and K. Jiang, “Structure design and application of combination track intelligent inspection robot used in substation indoor,” Procedia Computer Science, Vol.107, pp. 190-195, 2017.
-  S. Lu, Y. Zhang, and J. Su, “Mobile robot for power substation inspection: A survey,” IEEE/CAA J. of Automatica Sinica, DOI: 10.1109/JAS.2017.7510364, 2017.
-  H. Gao, S. Lu, and T. Wang, “A compliant control method based on force sensors on robot end-effectors for live-working,” Sensors and Transducers, Vol.162, No.1, pp. 292-298, 2014.
-  H. Gao, S. Lu, G. Tian, and J. Tan, “Vision-integrated physiotherapy service robot using cooperating two arms,” Int. J. on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 1024-1043, 2014.
-  Zhang Y, Tian Y, and Lu S, “Design of a live maintenance mobile robot system for power substation equipment,” 2017 Chinese Automation Congress, pp. 882-887, 2017.
-  A. Sujiwo, E. Takeuchi, L. Y. Morales, N. Akai, H. Darweesh, Y. Ninomiya, and M. Edahiro, “Robust and accurate monocular vision-based localization in outdoor environments of real-world robot challenge,” J. Robot. Mechatron., Vol.29, No.4, pp. 685-696, 2017.
-  H. Wang, J. Wang, W. Chen, and L. Xu, “Automatic illumination planning for robot vision inspection system,” Neurocomputing, Vol.275, pp. 19-28, 2017.
-  T. Fukukawa, K. Sekiyama, Y. Hasegawa, and T. Fukuda, “Vision-based mowing boundary detection algorithm for an autonomous lawn mower,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 49-56, 2016.
-  T. W. Yang, K. Zhu, Q. Q. Ruan, and J. D. Han, “Moving target tracking and measurement with a binocular vision system,” Int. J. of Computer Applications in Technology, Vol.39, No.1-3, pp. 145-152, 2010.
-  C. Wang, X. Zou, Y. Tang, L. Luo, and W. Feng, “Localisation of litchi in an unstructured environment using binocular stereo vision,” Biosystems Engineering, Vol.145 pp. 39-51, 2016.
-  L. Yang, B. Wang, R. Zhang, H. Zhou, and R. Wang, “Analysis on location accuracy for the binocular stereo vision system,” IEEE Photonics J., Vol.10, No.1, pp. 1-16, 2018.
-  T. Wu and A. Toet, “Speed-up template matching through integral image based weak classifiers,” J. of Pattern Recognition Research, Vol.1, pp. 1-12, 2014.