Design of Fuzzy Logic Controller and its Distinctive Feature
Fuzzy Logic Systems Institute (FLSI)
1-5-204 Hibikino, Wakamatsu, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 808-0135, Japan
Prof. Lotfi A. Zadeh, who created a new approach to describe a knowledge of a human expert with a natural language, passed away on September 6, 2017. His significant accomplishment was to create a novel artificial intelligence (AI) which exhibits the knowledge of human experts in natural linguistic terms. This system is structured and clear in two points of why a result is obtained and how it is done. The system contrasts with AI systems based on neural networks or deep learning.
In this paper, the design of a fuzzy logic controller and its application to controlling of the mouse-platform stabilization are described. In addition, the distinctive features of fuzzy logic control are discussed. The author wants to offer this paper on the altar of Prof. Zadeh.
-  Int. Video Conf. between NASA Jonson Space Center (Texas, U.S.A.) and Kotobuki Kaikan (Iizuka city, Japan) through Intelsat in the Int. Workshop on Fuzzy System Applications (IIZUKA-88), August 20–24, 1988.
-  Int. Video Conf. between NASA Jonson Space Center (Texas, U.S.A.) and Kyushu institute of Technology (Iizuka city, Japan) through Intelsat in the Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks (IIZUKA-90), July 20–24, 1990.
-  The 2nd Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks (IIZUKA-92), July 17–22, 1992.
-  T. Yamakawa, E. Uchino, and T. Samatsu, “Wavelet Neural Networks Employing Over-Complete Number of Compactly supported Non-Orthogonal Wavelets and Their Applications,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Neural Networks, pp. 1391-1396, June 28–July 2, 1994.
-  T. Yamakawa, E. Uchino, and T. Samatsu, “The Wavelet Network Using Convex Wavelets and Its Application to Modeling of Dynamical Systems,” The Trans. of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers A, Vol.J79-A, No.12, pp. 2046-2053, 1996.
-  T. Yamakawa, “A Fuzzy Inference Engine in Nonlinear Analog Mode and Its Application to a Fuzzy Logic Control (Invited Paper),” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 496-521, 1993.
-  C. B. Frey and M. A. Osborne, “THE FUTURE OF EMPLOYMENT: HOW SUSCEPTIBLE ARE JOBS TO COMPUTERISATION?,” pp. 1-72, 2013, https://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf