Fuzzy Rule Formulation Algorithm for Fuzzy Logic-Based 6-DOF Robot Arm Controller
Alexander C. Abad*,, Dino Dominic F. Ligutan*, Argel A. Bandala*, and Elmer P. Dadios**
*Electronics and Communications Engineering Department, De La Salle University
2401 Taft Avenue, Manila 0922, Philippines
**Manufacturing Engineering and Management Department, Gokongwei College of Engineering, De La Salle University
2401 Taft Avenue, Manila 0922, Philippines
A fuzzy logic-based controller with fuzzy rule formulation algorithm on software and actual control for a 6-DOF robotic arm was implemented. A robotic arm with 4-DOF attached a 2-DOF gripper serves as the testing platform. The actual robotic arm was characterized and the parameters are used for the simulator to mimic actual response. The fuzzy logic controller is then implemented to the simulated robotic arm and was then implemented to the actual robotic arm to control its movement. The new features are as follows: (1) Implementation of simulated weight and frictional effects of dynamic robot arm movement, (2) formulation and justification of reduced fuzzy rules for control and (3) addition of a path-partitioning algorithm to further enhance the dynamic movement of the robotic arm.
-  A. B. Rehiara, “Kinematics of AdeptThree Robot Arm,” S. Goto ed., Robot Arms, InTech, DOI: 10.5772/17732, 2011. https://www.intechopen.com/books/robot-arms/kinematics-of-adeptthree-robot-arm [accessed January 29, 2018]
-  D. D. Ligutan et al., “Design and implementation of a fuzzy logic-based joint controller on a 6-DOF robot arm with machine vision feedback,” 2017 Computing Conf., London, pp. 249-257, 2017.
-  H. P. H. Anh, K. K. Ahn, and N. T. Nam, “Modeling Identification of the Nonlinear Robot Arm System Using MISO NARX Fuzzy Model and Genetic Algorithm,” S. Goto ed., Robot Arms, InTech, DOI: 10.5772/16422, 2011. https://www.intechopen.com/books/robot-arms/modeling-identification-of-the-nonlinear-robot-arm-system-using-miso-narx-fuzzy-model-and-genetic-al [accessed January 29, 2018]
-  A. A. Khalate, G. Leena, and G. Ray, “An Adaptive Fuzzy Controller for Trajectory Tracking of Robot Manipulator,” Intelligent Control and Automation, pp. 364-370, 2011.
-  E. P. Dadios and D. J. Williams, “Multiple fuzzy logic systems: A controller for the flexible pole-cart balancing problem,” Proc. of the IEEE Robotics and Automation Int. Conf., Minneapolis, Minnesota USA, ICRA, pp. 2276-2281, 1996.
-  E. P. Dadios and D. J. Williams, “Application of neural network to the flexible polecart balancing problem,” Proc. of IEEE Systems Man and Cybernetics, Int. Conf., Vancouver Canada, Vol.3, pp. 2506-2511, 1995.
-  E. P. Dadios, P. S. Fernandez, and D. J. Williams, “Genetic Algorithm On Line Controller for the Flexible Inverted Pendulum Problem,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.10, No.2, pp. 155-160, 2006
-  C. Urrea and J. Kern, “A New Model for Analog Servo Motors, Simulations and Experimental Results,” Canadian J. Auto, Ctrl, Int. Syst., Vol.2, No.2, pp. 29-38, 2011.
-  J. S. Kim, H. M. Kim, and S. I. Han, “Precision Position Control of Servo Systems Using Adaptive Back-Stepping and Recurrent Fuzzy Neural Networks,” E. Dadios ed., Fuzzy Logic – Controls, Concepts, Theories and Applications, InTech, DOI: 10.5772/35878, 2012. https://www.intechopen.com/books/fuzzy-logic-controls-concepts-theories-and-applications/precision-position-control-of-servo-systems-using-adaptive-back-stepping-and-recurrent-fuzzy-neural- [accessed February 23, 2018]
-  M. Mirzadeh et al., “Design Adaptive Fuzzy Inference Controller for Robot Arm,” IJITCS, Vol.6, No.9, pp. 66-73, 2014.
-  M. Crengani et al., “The Inverse Kinematics Solution of a 7 DOF Robotic Arm Using Fuzzy Logic,” 7th IEEE Conf. on Industrial Electronics and Application, pp. 518-523, 2012.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy Sets,” Information and Control, Vol.8, pp. 338-353, 1965.
-  E. H. Mamdani, “Application of fuzzy algorithms for control of simple dynamic plant,” Proc. of the Institution of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 121, No.12, pp. 1585-1588, 1974.
-  I. Iancu, “A Mamdani Type Fuzzy Logic Controller,” E. Dadios ed., Fuzzy Logic, InTech, DOI: 10.5772/36321, 2012. https://www.intechopen.com/books/fuzzy-logic-controls-concepts-theories-and-applications/a-mamdani-type-fuzzy-logic-controller [accessed Feburary 23, 2018]
-  S. Ahmad, N. H. Siddique, and M. O. Tokhi, “Modular Fuzzy Logic Controller for Motion Control of Two-Wheeled Wheelchair,” E. Dadios ed., Fuzzy Logic – Controls, Concepts, Theories and Applications, InTech, DOI: 10.5772/37584, 2012. https://www.intechopen.com/books/fuzzy-logic-controls-concepts-theories-and-applications/modular-fuzzy-logic-control-for-two-wheeled-wheelchair-motion-control [accessed February 23, 2018]