Encrypted Color Barcode Using Tree-Structure Joint Stereo Coding
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Interdisciplinary Faculty of Science and Engineering, Shimane University
1060 Nishikawatsu-cho, Matsue 690-8504, Japan
In this study, we propose color barcodes using tree-structure joint stereo coding (TJSC). TJSC is a method that combines sets of tree-structure coding channels. Optimum pairs of reference channels are searched by using vector similarity to form channel pairs. TJSC is expected to improve the compression ratio by 6% on average when compared to the conventional joint stereo coding methods. In this study, we propose high capacity color barcodes with bit data arranged in multilayers that provide color information to each layer. As both tree-structural and coding information are generated during coding by TJSC, encrypted color barcodes can be generated by generating a decoding key of the tree-structural information. The color barcodes proposed in this study are expected to be accepted as a new printing medium that employs an information protecting function and uses an electronic medium with a high security function.
-  J. Rekimoto and Y. Ayatsuka, “CuberCode: Designing Augmented Reality Environments with Visual Tag,” ACM Press, pp. 1-10, 2000.
-  Information Technology: Automatic Identification and Data Capture Technologies – QR Code 2005 Bar Code Symbology, ISO/IEC 18004, Organization for Standardization, 2006.
-  D. Parikb and G. Jancke, “Localization and Segmention of A 2D High Capacity Color Barcode,” Application of Computer Vision 2008, 2008.
-  J. Rokui, “Tree-Structure Lossless Coding using Intervector Angle,” Proc. 19th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition (ICPR2008), 978-1-4244-2175-6, 2008.
-  T. Liebchen, Y. A. Reznik, “MPEG-2 ALS: an Emberging Standard for Lossless Audio Coding,” Proc. IEEE Data Compression 2004, pp. 439-448, 2004.
-  Mat Hans et al.,“Lossless Compression od Digital Aidio,” IEEE Signal Processing Magagine, pp. 21-32, July 2001.
-  K. Konstantinides, “An Introduction to Super Audio CD and DVD-Audio,” IEEE Signal Processing Magagine, Vol.20,No.4, pp. 71-82, 2003.
-  S. Tomochika, “Vector analysis,” Kyoritsu Shuppan Co., Ltd.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.