Design of a New Lower-Limb Rehabilitation Machine
Jinhua She*1,*2,*3, Fajian Wu*1, Toshihiro Mita*1, Hiroshi Hashimoto*4, Min Wu*2,*3,†, and Abdullah M. Iliyasu*5
*1Graduate School of Bionics, Computer and Media Sciences, Tokyo University of Technology
Tokyo 192-0928, Japan
*2School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
Wuhan 430074, China
*3Hubei Key Laboratory of Advanced Control and Intelligent Automation for Complex Systems
Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
*4Master Program of Innovation for Design & Engineering, Advanced Institute of Industrial Technology
Tokyo 140-0011, Japan
*5Electrical Engineering Department, College of Engineering, Prince Sattam Bin Abdulaziz University
Al-Kharj 11942, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan, Survey of Long-term Care Benefit Expenditures, Available at:
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/database/db-hss/soltcbe.html[Accessed November 26, 2016]
-  J. She, Y. Ohyama, and H. Kobayashi, “Master-Slave Electric Cart Control System for Maintaining/Improving Physical Strength,” IEEE T. Robot., Vol.22, No.3, pp. 481-490, 2006.
-  J. She, S. Yokota, and E. Y. Du, “Automatic heart-rate-based selection of pedal load and control system for electric cart,” Mechatronics, Vol.23, pp. 279-288, 2013.
-  J. She, F. Wu, T. Mita, H. Hashimoto, and M. Wu, “Design of a New Human-Centered Rehabilitation Machine,” Proc. 9th Int. Conf. Pervasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments (PETRA’16), pp. 1-4, 2016.
-  J. She, F. Wu, T. Mita, H. Hashimoto, and M. Wu, “Design of Human-Centered Rehabilitation Machines for Lower Limbs,” Proc. IEEE-NIH 2016 Special Topics Conf. Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies (HI-POCT’16), p. 1, 2016.
-  S. A. Dugan, “Exercise in the Rehabilitation of the Athlete,” in W. R. Frontera, S. A. Herring, L. J. Micheli, and J. K. Silver (Ed.), Clinical Sports Medicine: Medical Management and Rehabilitation, Saunders, Elsevier, 2006.
-  D. C. Nicks and E. A. Fleishman, “What do physical fitness tests measure? – A review of factor analytic studies,” Educational and Psychological Measurement, Vol.22, pp. 77-94, 1962.
-  W. R. Thompson, B. A. Bushman, J. Desch, and L. Kravitz, “ACSM’s Resources for the Personal Trainer, 3rd Ed.,” Wolters Kluwer, 2010
-  Sports fitness advisor: Isometric Exercises & Static Strength Training, Available at:
[Accessed November 26, 2016]
-  Mitsuru Amano’s Sprint Clinic, Knowledge of Strength Training, Available at:
knowledge_strength.html [Accessed November 26, 2016]
-  M. Sato, “Ningen Kougaku Kijun Suuchi Suushiki Benran (Handbook of ergonomic standards, numerical values, and formulas),” GIHODO SHUPPAN Co., Ltd., 1994.
-  Deschner Corporation, Super K and Mini K Kinecheks, Available at: http://deschner.com/products/super-ks-and-mini-ks/
[Accessed November 26, 2016]
-  Kyowa, LPR-C Thin Pedaling Force Transducer, Available at:
lpr-c/index.html [Accessed November 26, 2016]
-  Kyowa, Displacement Transducer, Available at:
dts-a/index.html [Accessed November 26, 2016]
-  Kyowa, Compact Recording System EDX-10A, Available at:
edx-10a_01.html [Accessed November 26, 2016]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.